Aussie Civic owners

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hey Oz owners,
Has anyone got the infamous sub-woofer rattle got fixed by a dealer. I took mine to a dealer in Perth (Prestige Honda) and not happy with their temporary fix, still hearing a lot of rattle.
Based on my experience so far, dealers here are hopeless. They seem more interested in trying to sell you aircond filter replacements/cleaning and wipers than actually making sure the car runs well or providing proper service.

Your best bet is to DIY. The fix is documented here and it worked for me:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/touring-subwoofer-rattle-fix-and-dampening.1297/&ved=2ahUKEwi1qJzCyb_gAhVIs48KHcLLAqQQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3TxvG_ouRB3qmsPYbBoqrM

I basically stuffed sponge into the brake light area from within the trunk and stuffed 6.5mm rubber flyscreen spline (from Bunnings) into the gap between the rear plastic deck and rear window from the rear seats in my sedan.
Sponsored

praga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VTI-LX
Country flag
Based on my experience so far, dealers here are hopeless. They seem more interested in trying to sell you aircond filter replacements/cleaning and wipers than actually making sure the car runs well or providing proper service.

Your best bet is to DIY. The fix is documented here and it worked for me:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/touring-subwoofer-rattle-fix-and-dampening.1297/&ved=2ahUKEwi1qJzCyb_gAhVIs48KHcLLAqQQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3TxvG_ouRB3qmsPYbBoqrM

I basically stuffed sponge into the brake light area from within the trunk and stuffed 6.5mm rubber flyscreen spline (from Bunnings) into the gap between the rear plastic deck and rear window from the rear seats in my sedan.
I have stuffed sponge into the break light area and it has significantly reduced the rattle. I'll try the rubber flyscreen spline as well. Thanks mate

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I have stuffed sponge into the break light area and it has significantly reduced the rattle. I'll try the rubber flyscreen spline as well. Thanks mate
No worries. The rattling drove me mad until it was finally fixed with the rubber spline. Serious oversight on Honda's part. Luckily it was really easy to fix.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Any fellow vti s owners here? how is the cvt holding up?
In what context are you asking about the CVT reliability? The normally aspirated RA18Z engine should be less demanding on the CVT than the turbocharged L15B7. Even if the CVT itself is likely to be different, it should still be less stressed given the reduced power/torque on the NA engine.

AhabSnake

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic vti s Luxe
Country flag
In what context are you asking about the CVT reliability? The normally aspirated RA18Z engine should be less demanding on the CVT than the turbocharged L15B7. Even if the CVT itself is likely to be different, it should still be less stressed given the reduced power/torque on the NA engine.
The 1.8 litre engine, in australia, with the cvt, hopefully it doesn't feel sluggish and drives comfortably/

Boostedomega

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R, Civic RS sport.
Country flag
Aussie owner from gold coast signing in. How are people finding the performance from the Civic RS 1.5?

Ive had the car for 2 weeks now and I am ABSOLUTELY appalled and disgusted at how this car drives. I am not sure if there is a technical issue with my car but it literally drives like the wastegate and blow off valve is stuck open. The engine is loud and trashy and it feels like I am dragging an anchor. I have taken the car to the honda service center 3 fricken times and they cannot find an issue.

I have been driving performance cars since I was 17. I know cars like the back of my hand. I connect with them on a different level and I am convinced something is wrong with my civic as I refuse to believe honda put out such a terrible driving car.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Aussie owner from gold coast signing in. How are people finding the performance from the Civic RS 1.5?

Ive had the car for 2 weeks now and I am ABSOLUTELY appalled and disgusted at how this car drives. I am not sure if there is a technical issue with my car but it literally drives like the wastegate and blow off valve is stuck open. The engine is loud and trashy and it feels like I am dragging an anchor. I have taken the car to the honda service center 3 fricken times and they cannot find an issue.

I have been driving performance cars since I was 17. I know cars like the back of my hand. I connect with them on a different level and I am convinced something is wrong with my civic as I refuse to believe honda put out such a terrible driving car.
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Have you checked the boost gauge to see if it is making boost? Have you tried to asking the dealer to test drive one of their other cars back to back?

I also wonder if it is simply the car letting you down since none of the Civics bar the Type R could be considered performance cars, despite what the marketing from Honda Australia would suggest re the RS in particular. For the price (and not considering a tune), the i30 N line or Cerato GT would be more performance oriented with the 147kW 1.6T engine and DCT transmission.

If there's nothing wrong with the car, maybe get a tune? However, whilst it helps, it's not going to blow your mind as the CVT on the Honda is going to limit what you can do, especially torque wise.

Boostedomega

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R, Civic RS sport.
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Have you checked the boost gauge to see if it is making boost? Have you tried to asking the dealer to test drive one of their other cars back to back?

I also wonder if it is simply the car letting you down since none of the Civics bar the Type R could be considered performance cars, despite what the marketing from Honda Australia would suggest re the RS in particular. For the price (and not considering a tune), the i30 N line or Cerato GT would be more performance oriented with the 147kW 1.6T engine and DCT transmission.

If there's nothing wrong with the car, maybe get a tune? However, whilst it helps, it's not going to blow your mind as the CVT on the Honda is going to limit what you can do, especially torque wise.
Thanks for the reply mate. I took the car to another dealership and traded it in for a Megane RS 265 Trophy to compliment my type R. I am truly astonished at how good the Megane is.

I am disgusted at how poorly the civic 1.5 drove. I understand its an economy car but it was so sluggish that it was a hazard to drive.

jasonttran

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 vti-l
Country flag
Hey, has anyone installed the flex fuel kit? How is it , also is there a big increase in l/100km?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hey, has anyone installed the flex fuel kit? How is it , also is there a big increase in l/100km?
You need to be running Flashpro or KTuner in order to run flex fuel. The kit itself is only the sensor, converter, wiring and plumbing.

You will definitely see an increase in consumption from the switch depending on how much ethanol you are running due to the lower energy density. I also wonder if our fuel system can handle the ethanol content.

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Hey guys,

I've had real trouble finding anywhere decent to purchase front lips / side skirts etc for the 10th Gen Civic hatchback in Australia.

I've tried searching the forums without finding much, so if anyone has had success I'm all ears!

I don't mind purchasing from overseas, I just can't find anything with a decent ahippish cost.

Zuyu

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys,

I've had real trouble finding anywhere decent to purchase front lips / side skirts etc for the 10th Gen Civic hatchback in Australia.

I've tried searching the forums without finding much, so if anyone has had success I'm all ears!

I don't mind purchasing from overseas, I just can't find anything with a decent ahippish cost.
There are a lot. Some even local and you can pick up for around a hundred bucks. Unless you have the RS Hatchback then it seems there is less stuff for us guys and you'll need to buy the $500-1k+ kits which are sold over in Melbourne

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
There are a lot. Some even local and you can pick up for around a hundred bucks. Unless you have the RS Hatchback then it seems there is less stuff for us guys and you'll need to buy the $500-1k+ kits which are sold over in Melbourne
Thanks! Mine is the VTI-L model.

Maybe I'm not searching correctly, when looking for anything 10th gen civic civic hatchback related I can't find much. eBay have one or two front lips but that's all I've found.

Is there any popular websites or cokpancom people have been using?

Dans Honda

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017 FK8 #00000
Country flag
Hi there guys! I have just copy and pasted a introduction thing we should all do it so we can know what states we are from and if we do any meet ups

Name: Daniel
State: SA
City: Adelaide
Currently Drive: 2017 FK8 #00000 Type R (championship white)
Owner or Enthusiast: bit of both
Interests: First serious car only 23 new to mods and tuning looking to expand my knowledge and make my car into a daily as well as a fun track car. I currently have a list of mods they are as follow

Ktuner - already bought (moonlight racing)
Ecu unlock
Thermal R&D exhaust
PRL intercooler
PRL intake or eventuri intake
Enkei wheels (unsure)

Any Honda owners or car owners in Adelaide ever wanna go for a cruise hit me up!
Sponsored