Audio Upgrade Advice

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I would like to replace my factory speakers with something affordable that drops right in like Polk DB 652 but Crutchfield says the Polk DB 652 does not fit my 2017 Sport Hatchback, is anyone running these in the front or rear doors?
The DB652 should fit. The DB651, won’t.
Sponsored

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
The DB652 should fit. The DB651, won’t.
I'd like to install the DB652 front and rear in my 2017 LX Sedan, but as mentioned in this thread, Crutchfield says they don't fit. Not that Crutchfield is the be all end all, it's just that they're the best information I have available. Do you by chance have personal experience installing these? They are rated high by several reputable sources so I'm interested and would be glad to discuss with someone from Crutchfield on the phone regarding why they're saying they won't fit. Thanks!

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Anyone just keep it simple and do the DB652 all the way around?

OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anyone just keep it simple and do the DB652 all the way around?
I did DB6502 Front and DB652 Rears, they fit, but are tight inside the adapter ring where the plugs connect to it.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I did DB6502 Front and DB652 Rears, they fit, but are tight inside the adapter ring where the plugs connect to it.
I'm just thinking for simplicity sake doing the 652 all around and still an upgrade over stock.

Rycomm

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic HB Sport 6MT Aegean Blue, among others...
Country flag
Polk db or mm 6.5" should fit with no issues. If you don't want to go to the trouble of adding the tweeters, the coax will be fine. I was quite surprised the imaging of the factory speakers. Sound higher than their low mounting location.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Polk db or mm 6.5" should fit with no issues. If you don't want to go to the trouble of adding the tweeters, the coax will be fine. I was quite surprised the imaging of the factory speakers. Sound higher than their low mounting location.
Any amp recommendations?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Any amp recommendations?
YES... DO the speakers 1st...

They will give you the Biggest bang for your buck, and are relatively simple to do yourself.

Then if you are still not satisfied with the vast improvement you will get from some higher end speaker, only then start thinking AMPS.

AMPS is far more complex to install and set up correctly.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
YES... DO the speakers 1st...

They will give you the Biggest bang for your buck, and are relatively simple to do yourself.

Then if you are still not satisfied with the vast improvement you will get from some higher end speaker, only then start thinking AMPS.

AMPS is far more complex to install and set up correctly.
I always do amps with all my cars. I wouldn't bother with just the speakers. Everyone just seemed to side so heavily with the Polks I thought maybe they had an amp of choice as well.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always do amps with all my cars. I wouldn't bother with just the speakers. Everyone just seemed to side so heavily with the Polks I thought maybe they had an amp of choice as well.
Head unit, budget, and system goals are going to heavily influence amp choices.

I went with Audiocontol in my si since they have a mono amp with bass processing and line level inputs for integration with the stock head unit. It's pushing a dvc 8 suited for my goals. Good clean power

My truck has rca output going to an older Massive 5 channel amp pushing components up front, coax in the rear, and a dvc 10.

In the past I've used MTX ( original Thunder amps, so beastly), Profile (are they even around any more?), Orion, and Fosgate with good results. Kenwood, not so much
Sponsored

Last edited: