Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
my question is now:
is there any way to hard-switch off the headunit when the car is on? in case, this is happening again...
USUALLY, if you hold your finger on the audio power on/off for a long time (30 seconds? maybe more?) it will force reboot it as it does a "regular" Android device.
Sponsored

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I noticed that on the alternate skin there is a play pause button for Sirius XM that is not there in the main skin

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
First thing I did when I had time was drill through all the settings menus, so many options, so little time. One easy fix for the knocking subwoofer is to drop the volume one or two steps.

"
p. 245.JPG
PLEASE correct me if I am wrong but there is no way to adjust the sound when playing Android Auto. I have to exit out and go over to my radio to tune the tunes. Super annoying. I use the doorstop bass muffle but would like on the fly adjustments as well... preferably with an EQ but thats not there.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the third time in about two and a half years, I'm still trying to get an answer to this....the secondary
Does anyone know how or If you can adjust what static wallpaper the screen reverts to while stopped, when using live wallpaper?
Using the secondary skin, it always reverts back to the picture of the grass and tree, which I hate.
No ones ever said , no that can't be done, so I'm still searching,lol

Keropi76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I also changed my skin this morning and on my unit I find that it's less laggy than with the original skin. I had a lot of freezing issues, black screen when coming back from lane watch and today with the new skin...absolutly nothing :dance:

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
just something useful i found out:

when using bluetooth on an android phone, you can set android-auto on autostart everytime your phone connects to your HFT/Honda headunit. just go to the android-auto settings options and check for the bluetooth settings there.

you can now see your current folder/playlist on the headunit, with all the songs in it. that was not possible before.
was testing that with spofity via bluetooth.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
i have a question regarding the factory reset:
- will i lose all the settings? like the car specific settings?
- what will happen to hondahack. will it stay or do i have to reinstall it?

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
When I did it before, I lost all my settings. Not a big problem, but annoying to have to reconfigure everything.

I haven't done it after Hondahack though... I'd be scared to lose it too. Not sure.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I would probably do the uninstall or hide from the dealer option, becuase it gives you a code to reinstall. That way if anything does go wrong you can just reinstall Honda Hack.

JeremyT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 TC
Country flag
Hello Everyone,
wanted to ask does anyone try the self diagnostic before ?
Why my Meter Display is Red, could it have a hardware issue or nothing wrong

Sorry ya newbie here

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks KeT0fY1+SAeQIGRmQmiY7

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Malaysia have RIGHT Hand drive cars ? (Audio, Home etc are on the RIGHT side of the Screen)

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks diagnostics

So, on my USA 2018 Si, (with the Engine running and A/C on), I get a GREEN "Meter Display", and not the RED one you see.

Some interesting differences, the USA SI has the Premium Audio system so I get an AMP and an XM Antenna.

Your car get a CD.

What do you get if you press the RED "Meter Display"
Mine just gets another screen that says that "COMMUNICATIONS" is OK (Green)

Anything obvious not working on your Speedometer display Gauge set ?

JeremyT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 TC
Country flag
Malaysia have RIGHT Hand drive cars ? (Audio, Home etc are on the RIGHT side of the Screen)

diagnostics.jpg

So, on my USA 2018 Si, (with the Engine running and A/C on), I get a GREEN "Meter Display", and not the RED one you see.

Some interesting differences, the USA SI has the Premium Audio system so I get an AMP and an XM Antenna.

Your car get a CD.

What do you get if you press the RED "Meter Display"
Mine just gets another screen that says that "COMMUNICATIONS" is OK (Green)

Anything obvious not working on your Speedometer display Gauge set ?
Just found out that my phone and music app at the speedometer keep loading and maybe Meter Display cause that, possible to fix that ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks Wv0XzVaKTX2TDgMg5LBJqA

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
The Speedometer instrument display is a LCD display, that has 2 video sources.

The Microprocessor in the Speedometer display unit, that displays the actual speedometer graphics, and then there is another external video input, that takes video from the Head unit, and displays the Phone and Music info, IF the speedometer is set to display that info, Otherwise it displays other info from it's own internal source, like GAS/Miles Range, etc./

So either
(a)That Video input is faulty or disconnected.
or
(b)The head unit is no longer sending video
or
(c)The Display unit has some other internal fault.

You should be able to select what get displayed, where currently you are trying to display Phone / Music info from the head unit.

Do any of the other options correctly display ??

My guess would be that the spinning wheel, is indicating that it is not receiving video from the head unit.. so either Display or head unit could be bad, or a bad/loose cable.
Sponsored