Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
does anybody know, how i can hide the sub-folders while i browse for music on USB?
i have the problem that i see all the 400 folders (every sub-folder visible) and it takes ages to browse through.
Honda really doesn't want us to use Display Audio with USB devices. That's why the UI for them is something suitable to, say, 1992.
Sponsored

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
Is there a way for the phone button (on the 19) to go to android auto/apple car play if it is active? Extremely annoying how they have this set up.

Hatchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ram 1500, 17 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
That would be awesome. The buttons fix more than half of my problems, but a direct AA button would be perfect.

Hatchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I cleaned half of the icons off my home screen and moved the smartphone function to the top left corner, with an empty space below it. That helps, but it's still 2 presses, one being on touchscreen.

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I cleaned half of the icons off my home screen and moved the smartphone function to the top left corner, with an empty space below it. That helps, but it's still 2 presses, one being on touchscreen.
Yeah I think having no dedicated button for aa/acp is a huge miss... Would be nice to just hit a real button and be back to it.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
I prefer the default button layout; as awesome as this can be, the important thing to remember is that we drive these things and I dont want to take the time to scroll to another screen to find an icon or change something, doing that puts you and everoyone else on the road near you at risk.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
iam also using the default skin, its way better for daily usage.

also whats interesting on folder browsing/search:
on the default skin and browsing folders during songplay, it does NOT jump back to the beginning of the complete folder order, where i have to scroll through 500 folders again.
it does that on the alternative skin, which is so annoying.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
does anybody know, how i can hide the sub-folders while i browse for music on USB?
i have the problem that i see all the 400 folders (every sub-folder visible) and it takes ages to browse through.
You cannot HIDE them, but you can make sure they display in a logical way.
Having arranged your music into sub folders, with the main 1st level folders being more of a Classification, or Play List, then you need to SORT folders and files, using something like DIskSort.exe.
Then, when you look at those folders and files on the HU, they will be organized, and it it become so much easier to scroll through and find what you want.

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks Drivesort

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Is there a way for the phone button (on the 19) to go to android auto/apple car play if it is active? Extremely annoying how they have this set up.
A real user experience team would have made it work so that if you had a bluetooth phone paired, the phone button would take you to the phone screen, but if you had android auto/carplay connected it would take you there. At least that is how I'd want my experience to be, lol. But if they made it work that way, you'd have people complain the other way 'round.

Hatchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe the ideal solution would be having an option for what that button does.

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A real user experience team would have made it work so that if you had a bluetooth phone paired, the phone button would take you to the phone screen, but if you had android auto/carplay connected it would take you there. At least that is how I'd want my experience to be, lol. But if they made it work that way, you'd have people complain the other way 'round.
this is exactly what they should have done.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a way to remove the startup message were you have to press "okay" everytime the system starts?

I don't want to hack the device yet because of waranty reasons.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is there a way to remove the startup message were you have to press "okay" everytime the system starts?

I don't want to hack the device yet because of waranty reasons.
Unfortunately NO - to do so, you have to Honda Hack the HU.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another question, I found no answer yet. Is it possible to turn the head unit completely off?

If you press the audio/off button for a few seconds it will only restart the unit and after pressing the brightness button three times it only turns the screen off.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
today i had a weird problem while i was using Android Auto.

i was playing music via spotify and suddenly my headunit crashed/froze and the sound output was just some loud & screechy high pitched tone (god, my ears !!...).

the headunit went black every 5sec and showed Android Auto/spotify in between. i couldnt do anything on the touchscreen, tried any button and nothing was happening! the high pitched tone was constantly there, lol.

i then tried to switch it off, by pressing the power button on the headunit (long pressing it), but nothing was happening aswell - the reboot menu didnt come up.
after restarting the whole car, the headunit was rebooting automatically and everything was working again.

my question is now:
is there any way to hard-switch off the headunit when the car is on? in case, this is happening again...
Sponsored