Audio Touchscreen Flicker & Screen Gone Astray

HachiLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2010 Infiniti G37X, 2013 Infiniti JX35, 2011 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Our new 2016 Honda Civic EX-T is just a few days old, then the screen started throwing a "hissy fit", with constant flickering. (See video). I had reported this to the dealership, and the service department did get interested with this issue when they saw this, given this is a new Civic model.

They had gotten in touch with Honda Tech Line and was adviced to take out the audio console. What the technicians found out was 2 soft cable-plugs. These were aptly re-secured, and the issue so far had been resolved. No re-occurences for days.

So, before thinking about software updates or additional high-concerns... if you have similar issues, have them rule out loose connecting cables first.

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen Flicker & Screen Gone Astray Honda of Fife Service Findings
Sponsored

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Our new 2016 Honda Civic EX-T is just a few days old, then the screen started throwing a "hissy fit", with constant flickering. (See video). I had reported this to the dealership, and the service department did get interested with this issue when they saw this, given this is a new Civic model.

They had gotten in touch with Honda Tech Line and was adviced to take out the audio console. What the technicians found out was 2 soft cable-plugs. These were aptly re-secured, and the issue so far had been resolved. No re-occurences for days.

So, before thinking about software updates or additional high-concerns... if you have similar issues, have them rule out loose connecting cables first.

Honda of Fife Service Findings.jpg
I have had this exact problem numerous times, it flickers on and off, then I hear a pop and it reboots itself. I will contact my dealer with this info. Thanks for sharing.

Update- Took car in and showed them the ticket reflecting the bad connections. They checked my connections said they were fine. They kept the car a few hours but could not reproduce the problem, they just rebooted the unit and told me to bring it back if it continues. They also suggested I reboot it every week, I pointed out it reboots itself about every other day.

So I will continue to log the issues I'm having with the infotainment unit.

Last edited:

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic

Honda of Fife Service Findings.jpg
Hey,, glad they fixed it.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
This started on mine last night, at 500 miles
Sponsored