Audio and Connectivity Overview for 2016 Honda Civic Sedan

chem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2011 Nissan Armada SL
The connectivity & useability issues are really the only negative thing that stood out for me in reviews. I think the controls are a bit odd but like anything else it just takes getting used to.

I just started using the apple play feature and i like the interface, but I don't like how it "locks" up your phone. Again, this type of tech is new to me in a vehicle so it just takes time. It still seems better than connecting audio with bluetooth, I get a lot of lag time when skipping tracks. I need to try out playing files from a USB stick, that will also be a first for me.
Sponsored

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Infotainment connectivity and usability is garbage. Still waiting for the supposed update to fix the many problems.

LimeyDi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.limeydi.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
I am returning for my latest and far from greatest report. After initial quirks, i had got to where i could plug my Galaxy Note 5 smartphone into my 2016 Civi and it would connect and allow me to use Google Maps for navigation using the ar's display, and connecting to Google so that i could see traffic conditions. Just fine. Then suddenly and wihtout any changes by me affter a few weeks, the automatic conenction stopped working and i was actually reduced to propping my phone on the dash tonavigate. Then Honda dealership techfound a herky jerky "solution" whereby i would start the car, connect phone and then scroll down on the phone to USB charging, open that and select "load software" - this would start the conenction, but often dropped it again at once. Now it is worse because even when the cnnection stays in place, there is a report "can't conencto Google". I can start Google maps on my phone and see heavy traffic, etc., but when i onnect to the car (and go through the repeatedritual described above) I may get navigation but no Google connection. There is a phone setting under Developer Options, USB Configuration, which i have tried settig at MIDI butthat doesn't help, and also resets itself. I am at wits' ends and borderline screamig with the frstration not only of not having soething for which i paid handsomely to NOT work (after working at the start) and of never gettin

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The S5 has had a troubled history with Android Auto. Other users have reported similar issues which can be tied back to automatic phone updates through Google Play Services (something you do not have control over). You can try using a different USB cord. But I'm willing to bet it's the phone's software.

You'll most likely need to start up a request here and let Google determine what's going on:
https://support.google.com/androidauto/?hl=en#topic=6348027

EDIT: Read up on this one too. Affects all Galaxy phones running 6.0+
https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6395843?hl=en&ref_topic=6347951

If you have a Samsung phone and have recently updated to Android Marshmallow (6.0+), Android Auto may not start when you plug in your phone in your car.

Samsung has provided a fix for this issue. To get the update, please follow these steps:

1. Open Settings on your phone.
  2. Select "System updates."
  3. Select "Check for new system update."
  4. Install available update.

justy84wvu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Aha is such a waste of storage space on this poor Civic. It never works and has literally the worst interface since using the SiriusXM app on my iPhone. Honda made a huge mistake adding it to the Civic.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Has anyone tried the 2017 CR-V's headunit? Considering it's different in that it has a volume knob added, maybe they re-designed the software while they were at it.

murphy121998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
I feel like a poor country mouse because I "only" have the LX. Many things about the audio system seem frustrating, beginning with not being able to have text messages read aloud as I could in my 2014 Civic. I was excited at the prospect of being able to access Spotify on my phone through the audio system, until I realized that Bluetooth doesn't recognize by older Moto X. So my husband bought me an auxiliary cord, only to find out that there is no longer an auxiliary jack. I could use some ideas for how to get the most out of the audio system in my two-month-old car. Thanks in advance!

KadizzleD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Hello All,

New here to the forums.

Just bought a new 2017 Civic Coupe EX-L. Sticker states it has the Premium Audio System 10 Speaker with Subwoofer. I assume it is the 450watt system offered in the Touring as standard? I've looked everywhere and can't find any info on the EX-L having the 450watt system. Only info on the touring having it.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Hello All,

New here to the forums.

Just bought a new 2017 Civic Coupe EX-L. Sticker states it has the Premium Audio System 10 Speaker with Subwoofer. I assume it is the 450watt system offered in the Touring as standard? I've looked everywhere and can't find any info on the EX-L having the 450watt system. Only info on the touring having it.
It's right on their website.
http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-coupe#specs

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
has there been any software updates to the 7" in the last 8 months, non navigation version ?

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
2018 sport hatch 6 sp manual could not get apple play in the states and the bade unit hands free doesn't work 99 % of the time. Complete crap and actually worse than useles- it dangerous!! Dealership could provide not answer, in fact I knew more than they did. My80 dollar aftermarket Panasonic performs better Honda should be held accountable!!

SamualSS

First Name
Samual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Country flag
Or, you could just download one app for streaming music (i.e. Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, or the new Tidal) and use that in the car. So much better having almost ALL music available to you just by pressing a button on the steering wheel and asking for it. Keeps the car clean of CDs and CD Cases too. Personally I prefer Spotify but you can do a free trial from pretty much all of them before deciding which one you like.
I play Tidal music in my car through Bluetooth. Firstly I download the Tidal Music Converter for Mac from DRmare to get the songs on my phone in the format of MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, etc. It is easy to stream the songs on my phone or other players for offline listening.
Sponsored