Attending our 2020 Wake the Dragon Event in NC/TN this weekend? Read this!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(Please note the below announcement is something you may have seen elsewhere, but it is being posted her on it's on thread for increased visibility)

Announcement! - 8/8/20

News from Fontana Village... as of about 20 minutes ago we have learned that they are re-opening under new ownership next week, one week before the event weekend. This was certainly unexpected. It does not fix everything but it will help out a lot of people.

Good news - If you have made a reservation for the weekend and have not yet officially cancelled it, your deposit is valid and your room/cabin is still reserved for you. Many considered this money lost and we are glad to hear it is not. :)

Bad news - If you have any gift cards that were issued by the previous owners and management group, they are unfortunately not valid. This is disappointing but ultimately not surprising. It would not hurt to pursue chargebacks on any related transactions but I don't know if it would help or not. :(

What didn't change - North Carolina still has strict gathering restrictions in place. Current limits (through September) and 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors. This prevents us from hosting our large group banquet or the large group car show. We will still have to proceed with our "small group" event weekend. To be honest, even if the restrictions were not in place, I would be worried that Fontana Village would not be ready to handle a group of our size, all at once, the second week that they are open after being closed for so long and a change of ownership. (catering, etc)

Summary - If you made a deposit at Fontana Village for a room or cabin, it is valid and you can stay there for the event weekend. No need in paying for accommodations elsewhere, not to mention you won't find anywhere closer to the TOTD to stay. We are still sticking with small driving groups. You MUST complete our latest survey to be assigned to a group. If you have not done so yet, please do so here:

https://forms.gle/NR1uNiL1k5E3F9D58

If you do not get assigned to a group, you will be roaming the mountains on your own, for better or for worse. ?
Sponsored

Quantum

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback, 2019 Fit EX
Country flag
I just paid my 40.00. Don't care too much about shirt. we booked a room at lodge for both nights. SEE YA ALL THERE. :cool:

Last edited: