At what miles did you tune your car and is it still tuned?

JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
Basically when brand new put a K&N Typhoon intake and Ktuner V2 with TSP Stage 1 almost always run in tune 2 19 PSI non sport mode I have seen 25-26 PSI in sport mode.

I have 21,000 miles on it now and I am very hard on it daily with the stock clutch still.
Sponsored

Wildlatino89

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fc3 coupe
Country flag
I put a base map with hondata last week around 41k on my 19 si coupe. Running 9lbs extra boost with the base tune and did boost gear by gear started at 18lbs 22lb the rest 26lb all the way to 6th gear.

If your wondering why I waited so long to tune was I wanted to wait till bumper to bumper goes out the window and all the hiccups on the car was fixed......like my brake master that was leaking was replaced. Also I have lifetime power train warranty with Honda unless they check.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put a base map with hondata last week around 41k on my 19 si coupe. Running 9lbs extra boost with the base tune and did boost gear by gear started at 18lbs 22lb the rest 26lb all the way to 6th gear.

If your wondering why I waited so long to tune was I wanted to wait till bumper to bumper goes out the window and all the hiccups on the car was fixed......like my brake master that was leaking was replaced. Also I have lifetime power train warranty with Honda unless they check.
Your lifetime powertrain isnt with Honda, its with the dealer you bought the car from. Once you 5/60 powertrain with honda is over, it will be the dealer who decides if your powertrain is covered.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

That’s a lot of boost on 5-6 lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s a lot of boost on 5-6 lol
If he is using quick bbg "mods" if the base tune doesnt actually request 26 psi, it wont hit 26 psi, its still only targeting whats asked. The bbg mod is a limiter. You would have to go into the actual tune to raise boost in 5th and 6th gears at whatever rpms you choose.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stock clutch?
Nope but I replaced it before I even had signs of slipping. To add car is at 82k miles now with a w1 etune from drob