At last, the civic type R goes on sale today June 14!!!

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No apology needed! I'm actually surprised you used the name George. It's hardly used now a days and seen as dull/old/boring..... three personality traits I'm very proud of :D
You did see that I put a disclaimer, right? I do have to add something.. .
Sponsored

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Congrats! but ouch! Resale value will be horrendous when you do decide to sell in a couple years at a large loss... When Type-R's will be as common as M cars... You're standing to loose $10k in the first year in depreciation. That's BMW M car kind of depreciation lol
The flaw in your logic is most of us are keeping our type Rs and never selling them :)

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
One thing about that number- if we can even use the S2000 as an example of a time where they made more/kept making cars that they wanted to stop. Hmm.

noobsteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK4 hatchback
lol, nah. I don't go to car meets anymore in USA. I enjoy my motoring in Thailand... Where I can actually drive a R34 and motorcycle to my hearts content among awesome people (and women) lol
Thailand is heaven for car enthusiasts at night!

After seeing the motorcycle and car scene there I sold all my cars in USA (had 4). Bought a humble civic EXT for USA and bought a brand new bike in Thailand. Once I move I will be buying a r34 GTR!

Miss that country so much. Sadly can't make as much money there as I can here in USA. so that's why im back... for now
Welcome to Thailand. You are looking at 300% tax on imports be it JDM USDM or euro. So expect to pay 150k usd for a brand new civic type R fk8 and 85k to 130k for a legal used R34 GTR. If you actually move her, I can take you to heaven, cars, bikes, or women lol

Honda Civic 10th gen At last, the civic type R goes on sale today June 14!!! FB_IMG_1497404533463

Just another gas station meeting on a typical friday night

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Welcome to Thailand. You are looking at 300% tax on imports be it JDM USDM or euro. So expect to pay 150k usd for a brand new civic type R fk8 and 85k to 130k for a legal used R34 GTR. If you actually move her, I can take you to heaven, cars, bikes, or women lol

FB_IMG_1497404533463.jpg

Just another gas station meeting on a typical friday night
I have no issues with that. Better than a cheap car and $$$$$ in fines, lawyers and court costs, higher property prices, sales tax, overpriced healthcare, can't get a good health meal for $1 dollar here; AND women are much nicer there lol. It balances out at least for me. I'm looking to spend 1.7 million on a GTS-T with GTR conversation in Thailand. Or import a real GTR from Japan.

Only downside is I can't get a decent paying job there :cry:

Only way I can see it happening is if I invest in real estate in USA once I have equity and can refinance lower my payments and live off that profit income and get a 70k+ bht teaching job.

https://rod.kaidee.com/product-131093331

50k already in thailand maybe close to 35-40k If I import one on my own

Last edited:

seetohey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2018 M2; Future: CTR
In my experience and many years of trying to get a job there, it's so hard to get a job anywhere in Asia that requires work sponsorship except for teaching. The thing is, they already have enough local smart people and world class researchers. They would only go through the trouble of sponsoring you for work if you can help connect their product with the American market/consumer.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
In my experience and many years of trying to get a job there, it's so hard to get a job anywhere in Asia that requires work sponsorship except for teaching. The thing is, they already have enough local smart people and world class researchers. They would only go through the trouble of sponsoring you for work if you can help connect their product with the American market/consumer.
Other alternative is become a developer and have clients all over the world including USA and just live in Thailand and move around Asia as necessary to maintain a valid VISA. Funny how it's so hard for americans to actually become another nations immigrant it's easy as cake for anyone to do so in USA in the past and stay for as long as they want without penalties and even benefit from social programs (non existent in Asia for locals let alone illegal immigrants)

But you are right already enough of a local pool with decent skills willing to work for pennies. Even if a westerner is higher skilled companies see no value in paying a westerner 5 times more.

seetohey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2018 M2; Future: CTR
Other alternative is become a developer and have clients all over the world including USA and just live in Thailand and move around Asia as necessary to maintain a valid VISA. Funny how it's so hard for americans to actually become another nations immigrant it's easy as cake for anyone to do so in USA in the past and stay for as long as they want without penalties and even benefit from social programs (non existent in Asia for locals let alone illegal immigrants)

But you are right already enough of a local pool with decent skills willing to work for pennies. Even if a westerner is higher skilled companies see no value in paying a westerner 5 times more.
Yup exactly. Back on the car topic... I would also gladly pay 3x more for a car in Thailand (like you, I'd also get an R34 instead of a CTR tho) and have everything else be cheap and good.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
salesman called and confirmed that they won't have any additional markup. who knows, its just his word over the phone.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I'm sure nobody is going to like what I have to say but as a long time Honda owner who has dreamed(Since 1996) of the day a CTR came to the US, I am not thrilled over this car. I feel like it missed the mark of what Type R should be. I'm really wondering if its going to catch on and be a huge it.
Can you elaborate on what you think it missed or share why you think it doesn't live up to the R badge besides not being NA and screams with VTEC?