At last, the civic type R goes on sale today June 14!!!

noobsteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK4 hatchback
I have no issues with that. Better than a cheap car and $$$$$ in fines, lawyers and court costs, higher property prices, sales tax, overpriced healthcare, can't get a good health meal for $1 dollar here; AND women are much nicer there lol. It balances out at least for me. I'm looking to spend 1.7 million on a GTS-T with GTR conversation in Thailand. Or import a real GTR from Japan.

Only downside is I can't get a decent paying job there :cry:

Only way I can see it happening is if I invest in real estate in USA once I have equity and can refinance lower my payments and live off that profit income and get a 70k+ bht teaching job.

https://rod.kaidee.com/product-131093331

50k already in thailand maybe close to 35-40k If I import one on my own
I would say if you dont set up some sort of startup business then only english teaching jobs will be whats available. Maybe oil and gas also. Or learn Thai and be real fluent and make yourself a social network celebrity lol. Thats what lots of white people do here.

Oh and you cannot import any second hand car into Kingdom of Thailand anymore.. it will be illegal unless half cut but then not legal to register assembled vehicle any longer. The only way to import a used vehicle into Thailand is via oversea student owner right which is only for Thai citizen who owns a car overseas for at least 2 years with full evidence of ownership etc. then still gotta pay bullshit tax.
Only choice you really have is buy a used GTR for sale which will come up from time to time. A GTST isnt worth it to be honest but each to their own. A used GTR non Vspec will set you back for around 3M baht.

When the time comes, we shall meet. I'll be rolling in my FK4 hatchback cause I cant afford a bloody FK8R lol
Sponsored

noobsteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK4 hatchback
In my experience and many years of trying to get a job there, it's so hard to get a job anywhere in Asia that requires work sponsorship except for teaching. The thing is, they already have enough local smart people and world class researchers. They would only go through the trouble of sponsoring you for work if you can help connect their product with the American market/consumer.
Other alternative is become a developer and have clients all over the world including USA and just live in Thailand and move around Asia as necessary to maintain a valid VISA. Funny how it's so hard for americans to actually become another nations immigrant it's easy as cake for anyone to do so in USA in the past and stay for as long as they want without penalties and even benefit from social programs (non existent in Asia for locals let alone illegal immigrants)

But you are right already enough of a local pool with decent skills willing to work for pennies. Even if a westerner is higher skilled companies see no value in paying a westerner 5 times more.
From my first hand experience, I'm a Thai native who lived in Australia for 6 years and was eligible for a permanent residency, trust me its hard to get a job anywhere for a non citizen. And its way way harder to get a job in the states for non Americans than for a non Thai to get a job in Thailand.

Anyway have a visit to www.thaivisa.com This might benefit you guys somehow one day. Its a site for foreigners for all things Thailand related