Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag

Im such an auto nut! Just love how machines of motion are created. This may be boring to some but i love this .
That was so cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
I couldn't survive in that environment. I need variety and challenges each day.

Porsche tech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey EX-L, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm amazed by not only the people that design the software to operate those robots but more so those who develop the robots that use the software! I have been in the Porsche factory in Germany and seen it in person and it's nothing short of amazing!

OP
OP
Bumflik

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
I'm amazed by not only the people that design the software to operate those robots but more so those who develop the robots that use the software! I have been in the Porsche factory in Germany and seen it in person and it's nothing short of amazing!
Agreed and appreciate your comment. Those robots operating in a 3 dimensional space methodically executing precise and timed movements. Certain aspects of production requires automation/robots due to health and hazards to people. Its Cool that you saw the German manufacturing process. But on another note hand built human touch adds some fine refined touch in conjunction with automation to complete the final product.

Porsche tech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey EX-L, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
At the Cayenne plant in Leipzig, one of the coolest things was the windshield installation. One arm would swing out and apply a bead of the butyl sealant all the way around the frame and then another arm would swing around with the windshield suction cupped to it and put it precisely into the opening...all in the space of about 15 seconds. The precision was awesome!
Sponsored