Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
and to be honest.. no matter what the sport hatch is.. i cannot get over that they even put a cvt.. the 6spd is cool.. but 2 of my neighbors have them and i dont want to be thrown in their group.
The CvT shifts faster than the non-CVT. Yeah it is slow off the line but everyone drives that way, so it feels totally conventional. Then it takes off like a bat out of a dark cave early in the morning or late nights etc. et al.
Sponsored

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
Oh Oh,

Seam welded body? your stance is on thin ice..

Hatch has got
1. aero you must have missed the dual spoilers
2. stopping power brakes are almost aftermarket level like brembo
3. speed 0-60 in mid 6s
4. hp see above
5 torque see above
6. suspension you tell me what discernible difference there is driving both back 2 back.

ok, now what was it you were talking about? did i mention 22k and no ADM?

Here is what the regular hatch bring you or should I say NET GAINS you.

1. gas mileage in the mid 30s
2. the price is roughly half so 22k versus 40k
3. no stress of not being able to pay it off in one or two lump sums while you take lumps paying off 40k loan

shall i continue? i play chess, you candyland
Dude its all good if you chose the hatch over the R. Others can afford the R and therefore chose it over the cheaper hatch with less performance stats.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
I bought my R and a sport touring hatch for my wife at the same time and drive them back to back daily. Even in comfort mode the Rā€™s driving performance from steering, acceleration, braking, etc is a lot more different from the sport touring. If Iā€™m not getting on the gas pedal all the time with the R I can sometimes match the mpgs I get with my sport touring. Sure you can add parts and reflash etc to add some fun to the regular hatches to get it close to the Rs level but you do the same to the R and thereā€™s that performance gap once again. IMO the R is simply a raw driving experience with all the unnecessary crap you donā€™t need at the track. A completely different machine if you will while my sport touring has misc features the R lacks in the U.S. like adaptive cruise control, lane watch, and of course seat warmers etc lol. I love both and own both and I donā€™t have anything against regular hatch owners either. I envy their ability to blend in with the rest of the world on the road and in parking lots vs the R which attracts a bunch of unwanted attention for me most of the time where ever I go. I simply bought the R more for track use and the sport touring to stay low key. Both are great cars engineered with different intentions.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
The CvT shifts faster than the non-CVT. Yeah it is slow off the line but everyone drives that way, so it feels totally conventional. Then it takes off like a bat out of a dark cave early in the morning or late nights etc. et al.
CVTā€™s dont really shift. Hence the name. Itā€™s like a boat motor and trans.
Sponsored