Assembly line of FK8

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Little unhappy I might got a door from another car .

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Little unhappy I might got a door from another car .
It's mentioned in the video that the doors get coded to the car when they remove them after paint so that the same doors go back on the car after the interior is done being installed.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
So, the quickest way for a power upgrade in the CTR is to run 100 octane and we can have similar power to the Euro model, at least for one tank :D

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My Hatch's engine is built in Thailand and shipped to this Swindon UK plant for install. Instant upgrade. Another one is the UK plant itself, you see how they get down by taking their time and doing things in logical sequence and not being afraid to be unorthodox, cute and cuddly, with the minute and trivial details means a better install that won't be problematic with trivial things, so worth the price of your car note. So to recap, I like my engines made in Asia and cars built in UK, in that order.

Last edited:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
UK is one of the worst countries to have a car built. I have no issues with the engine being built in North America
You got a Swindon plant Hatch too but your drivetrain has had more issues then mine with the leaks in coolant and brakes and grinding of 1-2 gears and what am I missing...someone fill me in..
What does the brakes, transmission and coolant leaks have to do with where the engins are manufactured?:confused: The weak link in all Civic hatches are that they are built in the UK which is one of the least desirable countries for manufacturing of anything.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
You got a Swindon plant Hatch too but your drivetrain has had more issues then mine with the leaks in coolant and brakes and grinding of 1-2 gears and what am I missing...someone fill me in..
A better suspension, horsepower, torque, seam-welded body, aero, stopping power... speed. The CTR could have the build quality of a PT Cruiser and I still wouldn’t give it up for a regular Civic hatch.

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A better suspension, horsepower, torque, seam-welded body, aero, stopping power... speed. The CTR could have the build quality of a PT Cruiser and I still wouldn’t give it up for a regular Civic hatch.
Oh Oh,

Seam welded body? your stance is on thin ice..

Hatch has got
1. aero you must have missed the dual spoilers
2. stopping power brakes are almost aftermarket level like brembo
3. speed 0-60 in mid 6s
4. hp see above
5 torque see above
6. suspension you tell me what discernible difference there is driving both back 2 back.

ok, now what was it you were talking about? did i mention 22k and no ADM?

Here is what the regular hatch bring you or should I say NET GAINS you.

1. gas mileage in the mid 30s
2. the price is roughly half so 22k versus 40k
3. no stress of not being able to pay it off in one or two lump sums while you take lumps paying off 40k loan

shall i continue? i play chess, you candyland

Last edited:

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
Dude stop hating. Glad you like your car.

I have no issues with my Type R sooooo........your point is mute

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Oh Oh,

Hatch has got
3. speed 0-60 in mid 6s
4. hp see above
5 torque see above
6. suspension you tell me what discernible difference there is driving both back 2 back.

3. no stress of not being able to pay it off in one or two lump sums while you take lumps paying off 40k loan

I will play

-My Type R is not my daily driver so I didn't buy it for the "net gains" the regular hatch brings
-Paid MSRP
-Paid in full at time of delivery

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
Oh Oh,

Hatch has got
3. speed 0-60 in mid 6s
4. hp see above
5 torque see above

Also the Type R will definitely hold its value better as also the Si.

Don’t see Integra LS’s and Civic EX’s pulling huge dollars used.

Think your looking for ways to make yourself feel better about your purchase. So keep soul searching.

You play games. I play in real life. I can pay my car off tomorrow but why do that with such a low interest rate.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Oh Oh,

Hatch has got
3. speed 0-60 in mid 6s
4. hp see above
5 torque see above

Oh, ok. We got a sensitive one here.

1. Non-functional. They're decorative or do you got tests backing up that they reduce lift or create downforce? The Type R does.

2. Hahaha, what? So I went ahead and looked up reviews from C&D to draw a comparison. I'll even link both articles here:

Type R: https://www.caranddriver.com/honda/civic-type-r -- Braking from 70-0 is 142 feet. The same as an NSX.

I don't know what model hatch you have but here's an article anyway on a typical one with the 1.5T: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-honda-civic-hatchback-cvt-automatic-review - Braking from 70-0? 166 ft., a 24-foot difference. Really, Brembo-like? That distance is 12 feet shy of a bus length. Try again.

3. Try 0-60 in 6.9 seconds. Sorry, that's not particularly fast. And C&D generally gets some pretty quick times out of their vehicles. For instance, the CTR in their comparison got it down to 4.9 seconds. Quite a difference, wouldn't you say?

4. See what above? The 126 hp difference? Sure do. That's why the Type R goes to 169 mph vs your governed 127 mph. It sucks that your car's got a speed limiter but the tires and lack of aero wasn't going to make it safe to go any faster in the eyes of Honda.

5. Yup, I do see the 133 lb/ft difference. Contributes greatly to that 2-second difference in 0-60.

6. Ya got me there. I can only go by the numbers the mags put out in testing. But neither can you unless you can tell me you've driven a Type R extensively? I'll say one thing in the hatch's favor. C&D got .90 on the skidpad with it and that's good! My old Integra Type R got similar numbers. I mean, it's not the 1.03g that the Type R got since that's designed for the track, but very respectable nonetheless. Kudos to Honda :) The thing is, I bought this car to go to the track and I'll be going to one of many HPDEs in a few weeks. You want to claim there's no noticeable difference between the Sport and Type R on the track?

Ah, the infamous ADM argument. That's how I know you're grasping at straws. Did everybody pay ADM? Nope. Quite a few owners did not so your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. Let's go by what was listed in the article. Only a bare-bones no option Sport costs a hair under $22k. Granted, the Type R has no options, either, but it's a Touring trim so C&D's loaded Sport they tested is comparable. And that price? $29,175 which is exactly $5600 less than the 2017 CTR's MSRP of $34,775. And there's obviously way more than $5600 difference in engineering between the two. Certainly less of a difference than the "half" that you came up with in your cherry picking. As for your hatch's actual advantages (as you say):

1. Gas mileage, lol. I fully recognize the Type R isn't a Prius. You can have that argument uncontested. I proudly only get 21-22 mpg because I enjoy my car and do get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic to and from work.
2. Your pricing scheme's debunked above.
3. I don't know about your situation but I can quite comfortably afford my car. I don't "stress" about paying it off because I didn't pay the $40k bogus claim you say it costs and it was well within my budget. Why are *you* stressing over other people's money?

Yeah, please continue. You seem to be playing checkers here, though. King me.

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I'm sorry if it sounds like I think the regular hatch is trash or something. I absolutely don't. I don't have much respect for the last two generations of Civics, but Honda really nailed it with this latest 10th gen. It's so well-equipped and affordable that if I were in the market for a budget-friendly, comfortable daily driver, I wouldn't hesitate. Though I'd probably opt for the Si over the Sport or EX/EX-L. But I've already got a daily driver and missed spirited driving so it was either a Porsche or a Civic Type R. Cheaper maintenance costs, future practicality and uniqueness won me over.
Sponsored