Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I've got a 17 Si. Tomorrow I'm getting full bolt ons installed. MAP catted downpipe/front pipe and catback exhaust, PRL race maf CAI, Mishimoto intercooler kit with charge pipes and a TSP Stage 1 tune. I've read even with these simple upgrades my clutch is likely to slip, sooner or later. With a goal of eventually getting the flex fuel kit I think I'd rather get the clutch done now. I'm thinking ACT organic disc and flywheel. Asking for some advice on which clutch to get. I drive my car pretty hard, not always but I usually do 2-4 pulls per day. Love the rush from WOT and don't want to risk slippage, but also is a daily driver so I don't want to have a clutch that's not ideal for driving daily.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Your best bet would be the CTR retrofit clutch.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
ACT is good clutch but people praise Eman's type R retrofit

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
My clutch is slipping with just a Ktuner 21.5 "tune". So I keep it at 19.5.

I too have been researching. Everybody who has got them love Eman's type R retrofit. You just have to buy a flywheel and get in line.

I'm looking at getting a new lightweight flywheel and clutch too. I've been reading the forum for two years and narrowed it down to either Eman's retrofit, or the Advanced Clutch Technologies organic set. Right now I'm leaning towards the A.C.T. setup.

Keep us informed what you decide.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
My clutch is slipping with just a Ktuner 21.5 "tune". So I keep it at 19.5.

I too have been researching. Everybody who has got them love Eman's type R retrofit. You just have to buy a flywheel and get in line.

I'm looking at getting a new lightweight flywheel and clutch too. I've been reading the forum for two years and narrowed it down to either Eman's retrofit, or the Advanced Clutch Technologies organic set. Right now I'm leaning towards the A.C.T. setup.

Keep us informed what you decide.
Will do. I'd prefer to get the retro fit as everybody seems to say it's the best option. For my situation, I'll probably go with ACT as the 2nd best thing. Once installed I'll throw up an update ??
Sponsored