ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay!

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Is it cause you're not use to seeing it crystal clear ?
Nope just that the outside of the lenses have curvature. They do look nice. Now for the possible bad news. Haven't had time to try installing them. I say try because the mounting tabs are VERY different than the stock ones. Much shallower. Not sure these are going to work without some messing around. Hope I'm wrong.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Nope just that the outside of the lenses have curvature. They do look nice. Now for the possible bad news. Haven't had time to try installing them. I say try because the mounting tabs are VERY different than the stock ones. Much shallower. Not sure these are going to work without some messing around. Hope I'm wrong.
Damn. I just ordered some a few days ago. Looking forward to your findings.

EDIT: I just pulled mine out again to look at the differences in the clips...looks like a slightly different style clip but same principle. I don't see them making a different fender just for a corner light, IMO. Probably just a different manufacturer for the ASEAN market.

Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! 20160502_215823

Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! s-l1600

Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! 20160502_214837

For those that get them installed, please let us know how to go about doing so :) Not really sure how to go about doing so, so maybe a little DIY if possible :)
Someone already posted pics of how to do it. I took mine off to check it out before I ordered the clears. You reach in behind the fender liner, depress the clip on the front tab and pull the edge out/away from the car.

EDIT: Just took mine off heres pics.
Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! 20160502_214932
Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! 20160502_214737

View attachment 9593

I apologize for the crappy pics...took these by flash light in the driveway

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Hngo25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. I just ordered some a few days ago. Looking forward to your findings.

EDIT: I just pulled mine out again to look at the differences in the clips...looks like a slightly different style clip but same principle. I don't see them making a different fender just for a corner light, IMO. Probably just a different manufacturer for the ASEAN market.

20160502_215823.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

20160502_214837.jpg

Someone already posted pics of how to do it. I took mine off to check it out before I ordered the clears. You reach in behind the fender liner, depress the clip on the front tab and pull the edge out/away from the car.

EDIT: Just took mine off heres pics.
20160502_214932.jpg
20160502_214737.jpg

View attachment 9593

I apologize for the crappy pics...took these by flash light in the driveway
I think it should fit either way. Take a look at the oem orange side marker tab. It is visible on outside when you pull the fender liner in. And the clear side marker tab is on the opposite side of the fender liner, which is pointing inside. If you were to snap it on, the tab will be hard to reach. Same as the small tab. Unless I'm wrong on this one. Somebody that has the clear marker should try to fit it in and take some photos.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
I think it should fit either way. Take a look at the oem orange side marker tab. It is visible on outside when you pull the fender liner in. And the clear side marker tab is on the opposite side of the fender liner, which is pointing inside. If you were to snap it on, the tab will be hard to reach. Same as the small tab. Unless I'm wrong on this one. Somebody that has the clear marker should try to fit it in and take some photos.
The small tabs are just guides/hooks no active retention. Should release from the same spot. I'm willing to bet the 70 bucks its a direct fit, I won't be canceling my order.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the lenses are a direct fit. The connectors are not. I'll update the pics after work today.

Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! IMG_20160503_102859130_HDR_zpsviaojhw3
Did the original bulb base not fit into the new sidemarker? Curious by what you mean? Thanks.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
Well the lenses are a direct fit. The connectors are not. I'll update the pics after work today.

Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! IMG_20160503_102859130_HDR_zpsviaojhw3
Connectors to the light bulb socket ? You should be able to just use the ones thats already existing .

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Connectors to the light bulb socket ? You should be able to just use the ones thats already existing .
Crazy idea... can the clear lens pop off the base? So you can just swap lenses and keep the old base.

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Sorry I can't answer everything right now....work. The clear bulb base is 2 prong while the amber bulb base is 4 prong. The internal pins and connector itself are different as well. I ended up removing the first fender lining screw. Inserted the unplugged lens then reached between the liner and fender and then attached the connector. I'll explain how I worked around it better after work today.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I was I was thinking. Use the existing bulb base....unless it is different.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
That's what I was I was thinking. Use the existing bulb base....unless it is different.
I wouldn't doubt it if it is different , I've seen and used various oem jdm parts from early 90's and on Hondas and yes some sockets / bases / units (whatever you choose to call them ) are different but there was no need to use that specific socket , the existing ones already on USDM cars worked perfect on te actual lens housing .
Sponsored