First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone!

Fellow 10th gen owner here, and I've just recently started my own company known as Ascend Racing. You can check it out on Instagram @_ascendracing .

Currently, my very first product that launched this month is a very sleek and minimal shift knob weighing in at 485g (just a hair over 1 lb). The main goal with this knob was to provide a high quality shifting experience, removing the clunky shifts that we get with our stock shifter set up. Currently at $49.99 USD, it's an affordable modification that I believe would benefit a lot of drivers.

You can find it on Amazon with this link Momentum Pro Shift Knob .

Specs are 485g, M10x1.5, with a 50mm diameter (same size to the Si shift knob with the added weight).

If you guys have any questions, feel free to DM me at @_ascendracing, or email me at [email protected].

I appreciate all your support in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* MPSK Tall

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* MPSK Description 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* MPSK Trifecta

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* MPSK Description 2

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Do you need a different boot collar for this?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This works perfectly with your OEM boot collar! The image shown is with the OEM collar.
That would only apply to the Si and R, right? I think the lower trim models use a different type of retainer integrated into the stock knob.

Also, have you guys considered laser engraving? I personally like to see the shift patterns even though I know where the gates are :)

OP
OP
Ascend Racing

Ascend Racing

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Now that you mention it, I will have to look up on that. And yes, I’m currently working on an engraving to have the shift pattern on the knob!
Thank you for your feedback.

OP
OP
Ascend Racing

Ascend Racing

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Do you need a different boot collar for this?
As hobby-man mentioned, this does currently only apply to Si and R models due to the retainer. I will have to work on an aftermarket boot collar to support base model MTs.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Now that you mention it, I will have to look up on that. And yes, I’m currently working on an engraving to have the shift pattern on the knob!
Thank you for your feedback.
I snapped a couple pics of my stock assembly to show the difference.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* 20210521_090543
Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* 20210521_090555

R8ED_R

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey everyone!

Fellow 10th gen owner here, and I've just recently started my own company known as Ascend Racing. You can check it out on Instagram @_ascendracing .

Currently, my very first product that launched this month is a very sleek and minimal shift knob weighing in at 485g (just a hair over 1 lb). The main goal with this knob was to provide a high quality shifting experience, removing the clunky shifts that we get with our stock shifter set up. Currently at $49.99 USD, it's an affordable modification that I believe would benefit a lot of drivers.

Specs are 485g, M10x1.5, with a 50mm diameter (same size to the Si shift knob with the added weight).

If you guys have any questions, feel free to DM me at @_ascendracing, or email me at [email protected].

MPSK Tall.png

MPSK Description 1.png

MPSK Trifecta.png

MPSK Description 2.png
Hey man I have a 2021 Civic Type R and saw you have this available, I was considering some other options but may be interested in trying this out and reviewing it for you. How far out are you on your ability to provide and engraved option? This looks clean though!
Is there a way of contacting you for some additional questions? -Brandon- feel free to email me man: [email protected]

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* 34159B22-3C26-4F87-8129-C187B331ADFE

OP
OP
Ascend Racing

Ascend Racing

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey man I have a 2021 Civic Type R and saw you have this available, I was considering some other options but may be interested in trying this out and reviewing it for you. How far out are you on your ability to provide and engraved option? This looks clean though!
Is there a way of contacting you for some additional questions? -Brandon- feel free to email me man: [email protected]

34159B22-3C26-4F87-8129-C187B331ADFE.jpeg
We now have engraved options on our website at ascendracing.com

MUT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 G87 - MDX TYPE S
Country flag
Hey everyone!

MPSK Tall.png

MPSK Description 1.png

MPSK Trifecta.png

MPSK Description 2.png
Hey Aaron - I recently purchased the 'Inertia Pro' from you and just tried installing... The alignment nut fits like a glove - but the actual 'knob' doesn't. Seems like the thread is too larg - OR - I'm missing something vital(???).

Here is a comparison of the default Civic Type R - next to the Inertia Pro

Any idea how to get the knob to bite?

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-1111

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-1112

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Hey Aaron - I recently purchased the 'Inertia Pro' from you and just tried installing... The alignment nut fits like a glove - but the actual 'knob' doesn't. Seems like the thread is too larg - OR - I'm missing something vital(???).

IMG-1111.jpg

IMG-1112.jpg

My guess would be to to flip the nut, so that the shift knob mates to the washer surface of the nut & locks in place. Let us know if that does the trick

MUT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 G87 - MDX TYPE S
Country flag
My guess would be to to flip the nut, so that the shift knob mates to the washer surface of the nut & locks in place. Let us know if that does the trick
Thanks for the response. I've tried the alignment nut both ways up - the nob just swims around on top of it - the nut literally doesn't touch the sides of the hollowed out bottom i.e.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-1113

OP
OP
Ascend Racing

Ascend Racing

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

IMG-1111.jpg

IMG-1112.jpg
Hey Jon,

I apologize for the complications you've had with installing our Inertia knob. The biggest compatibility issue seems to be the countersunk design of the knob vs. the size of the boot collar in the 2017-2019 CTR.

As we've tested with the 10th Gen Si models, their collar is designed a bit differently, exposing more threads on the shaft.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-6492
Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-6494

I'm trying to find out if you can purchase this connector from Honda, and whether or not it's cross compatible between Si-Type R.

If not, you may have to run the shift knob without a boot collar, which would cause boot sag.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-6496
Honda Civic 10th gen Ascend Racing *New Company* IMG-6500

This may look a bit unpleasant, but it works.

Keep me posted, and we'll continue doing research on how to resolve this issue!

Last edited:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Hey Jon,

I apologize for the complications you've had with installing our Inertia knob. The biggest compatibility issue seems to be the countersunk design of the knob vs. the size of the boot collar in the 2017-2019 CTR.

As we've tested with the 10th Gen Si models, their collar is designed a bit differently, exposing more threads on the shaft.

IMG-6492.jpg
IMG-6494.jpg

I'm trying to find out if you can purchase this connector from Honda, and whether or not it's cross compatible between Si-Type R.

If not, you may have to run the shift knob without a boot collar, which would cause boot sag.

IMG-6496.jpg
IMG-6500.jpg

This may look a bit unpleasant, but it works.

Keep me posted, and we'll continue doing research on how to resolve this issue!
I believe this might be a great solution to your problem with the shift boot:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/...-burnt-titanium-finish?variant=32043591106692