randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I agree with what you are saying, but even Honda's "biggest splash" will be a drop in the toilet compared to Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes, and BMW in terms of press coverage.

Either way, the old adage "only time will tell" seems to fit here. :)
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree. Fact is honda (as always) is silent on details until the very last second... so only time will tell what they decide to do.

Fluffy Pillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic EX
I heard from someone at Honda that the sedan will be announced officially on the 22nd of November at the LA International Auto Show and begin selling about a week later.

Not sure where he got his information, though.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
This will be the first Civic not engineered in Japan by honest-to-goodness Japanese engineers, am I correct? I hope there are no teething problems or quality issues with the new engines and other components of the vehicle. A Honda is a Honda, I guess.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard from someone at Honda that the sedan will be announced officially on the 22nd of November at the LA International Auto Show and begin selling about a week later.

That has to be wrong. They said Fall of this year... that would put the car going on sale WINTER of this year, and just barely even this year... i could see the coupe going on sale in december since it'll be delayed, but that seems way too late for the sedan to be going on sale.

Fluffy Pillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic EX
That has to be wrong. They said Fall of this year... that would put the car going on sale WINTER of this year, and just barely even this year... i could see the coupe going on sale in december since it'll be delayed, but that seems way too late for the sedan to be going on sale.
I was asking about the Si when I got that answer but he made it sound like it was all of the sedan models. Honda's press release, if you take the wording literally, indicates the Si won't be out until after the coupe is released.

Winter doesn't start until the 3rd week of December so Honda will still technically make some fall sales if they take 2 weeks after the LA show to start getting some civics on dealer lots!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just don't know if their current stock of 15 civics will last that long. the one down the road sells them daily and with the clearance event i don't know if they'll have any to sell if they wait that long.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf

If they're waiting that late, I'd be real surprised if it wasn't introduced at the Tokyo auto show instead, just a few weeks earlier than the LA show. The Tokyo show is not only bigger than the LA show but also only held every other year so everytime it comes around it gets lots of attention.

This person you spoke to reliable and/or higher up?

Fluffy Pillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic EX
This person you spoke to reliable and/or higher up?
He's the service center manager at my Honda dealer. He's reliable in terms of doing what he says he's gonna do but I have absolutely no idea if his information in this regard is credible. I asked at the time and he wouldn't tell me the source but had this smugness about him like it was legit.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what i've heard about dealerships knowing about future products (i actually spoke to someone who worked for Honda Marysville building accords) nobody at the dealership level knows anything until the car is ready to be revealed which is when they get their product manuals and such. Even people at the build level only know pieces and parts that they specifically work on. Granted, your source could know someone higher up the ladder that does know info, but its unlikely that they'd divulge info, as they could lose their jobs over it. I suppose we'll see in the next month what Honda plans to do.... in the past however, October has been the release time for the new civics (pretty sure the 8th was earlier than that and the 9th was october release can anyone confirm?)

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even if the Sedan releases in October, that would put the coupe release earliest at December/January. I really don't think we'll see the Si until early Spring 2016. (March/April).

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Even if the Sedan releases in October, that would put the coupe release earliest at December/January. I really don't think we'll see the Si until early Spring 2016. (March/April).
That's the timing I had just guessed in another reply too.

I assumed that all next gen Civics were being built in UK tho. Or was that just the Type R?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's the timing I had just guessed in another reply too.

I assumed that all next gen Civics were being built in UK tho. Or was that just the Type R?
Just the hatch and Type R will be imported from Swindon. The sedan civics are being built in ohio. The coupes are probably being built up in canada again (they usually are).
Sponsored