Ji Librando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Oldsmobile Achieva
I'm more for the traditional hatchback.... hopefully they get a version of that at least. :O
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honga Magoomobile
Not bad. Comparing the renders with the 'Concept B' hatch, there's a definite derivative style. I'm not sure about the rear end design though. Still, plenty of scope for some aggressive spoilers and skirts for Mugen, Type 'S' and 'R' variants...

Last edited:

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Hopefully they narrow down the time frame as we get closer.
Auto show season is right around the corner so Honda will probably use it to announce more info on the release dates for the diff models is my guess

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Frankfurt auto show mid September will most likely be the official reveal of the production coupe and sedan and possibly Si variants. Hatch will get more attention later next year closer to its release.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested to see what they show in Frankfurt. I can't imagine we'll see the U.S.-spec Civic show up there.
I bet we will. Especially since this civic is a global car now. (even though the sedan and hatch are more geared toward europe and less so the coupe which will probably only be sold here). Already i've seen other automakers teasing car reveals for Frankfurt. Kia is showing the new sportage redesign there. And previous civics have debuted at Frankfurt as well, so there really isn't any reason to believe they won't reveal the U.S. spec civics there. And it's really the only big autoshow for them to reveal at before they go on sale sometime in October/November. I seriously doubt honda would choose an under the radar reveal for the the new civic (like they did with the refreshed accord models).

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
You could be right, I can't think of anything else Honda would "showcase" there. Looking back, they have used SEMA to reveal the Si Coupes for the last few generations. Since we know the coupe won't be available until after the sedan, perhaps Frankfurt would showcase the sedan and SEMA the coupe? SEMA is a few weeks before the L.A. show where Honda will most likely debut the new Ridgeline.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think delay between the coupe and sedan will be that long though. In the past there has always been a slight delay, but it's only by about a month or 2 between them. I'm not sure when SEMA is, i could definitely see the Si variants previewing there or LA... but i'm pretty confident we'll see both the coupe and sedan at Frankfurt. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I don't think delay between the coupe and sedan will be that long though. In the past there has always been a slight delay, but it's only by about a month or 2 between them. I'm not sure when SEMA is, i could definitely see the Si variants previewing there or LA... but i'm pretty confident we'll see both the coupe and sedan at Frankfurt. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.
SEMA is Nov 3-6 it looks like.

You could be right, I can't think of anything else Honda would "showcase" there. Looking back, they have used SEMA to reveal the Si Coupes for the last few generations. Since we know the coupe won't be available until after the sedan, perhaps Frankfurt would showcase the sedan and SEMA the coupe? SEMA is a few weeks before the L.A. show where Honda will most likely debut the new Ridgeline.
But isn't that an 'aftermarket/tuner' type show? In the past when Honda introduced the Si coupes there have they been plain factory models, or modified?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I suppose they could use SEMA... i don't know... knowing how honda has worked reveals before i just think the base coupes and sedans will all debut together. The Si variants at SEMA or LA and then the hatch won't be until this time next year for it's reveal. I thought SEMA was more about aftermarket stuff too, but if LA isn't that far after it i could see it for the Si. Given that the delay between the coupe and sedan is usually only a month or two i just think they'll debut them together at Frankfurt and be done with it.

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
Debuting this car in Germany would be a bad move IMO. The Civic sells way more in the US than Europe so you want to optimize the press here. Europeans just don't care as much about the car and have a lot of attractive alternatives in this size and price range.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately because of the timeline of release for the sedan and coupe starting most likely beginning of October they really don't have a ton of options for high profile release. You also have to keep in mind Frankfurt and other big autoshows are more about the press releases, and magazines and publications from all over the world go to these events. It's not just for Germans. Kia is revealing their new sportage. I seriously doubt kia does booming business in Germany. The point is that its a high profile event that ALL automakers show up and strut their stuff. The biggest splash Honda could make at a show like this would be the all new all different civics.

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Wouldn't Honda get a bigger bang for their buck by just debuting the production Civic at LA show just a couple months later than Frankfurt show? US is the car's biggest market. I can[t imagine Germany being close in terms of Civic sales.

Edit: Just realize I basically said sam thing as Captk hah

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't Honda get a bigger bang for their buck by just debuting the production Civic at LA show just a couple months later than Frankfurt show? US is the car's biggest market. I can[t imagine Germany being close in terms of Civic sales.

Edit: Just realize I basically said sam thing as Captk hah

Because LA is most likely AFTER the release of the Sedan... so it wouldn't do them much good to have a grand debut of a car that's already on lots and selling.... LA works for the Si probably... but not the base sedan and coupe that are going to be on sale in October (sedan) and coupe a month or 2 later.

As i said... Frankfurt and other big autoshows are more about the press releases, and magazines and publications from all over the world go to these events. It's not just for Germans. Kia is revealing their new sportage. I seriously doubt kia does booming business in Germany. The point is that its a high profile event that ALL automakers show up and strut their stuff. The biggest splash Honda could make at a show like this would be the all new all different civics.
Sponsored