First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those nuts are also larger than hayabusa. Below is hayabusa and the stand-alone nuts. And the studs are packaged nicer with Those plastic sleeves.
Honda Civic 10th gen ARP head studs 01B4041D-45E9-4F9D-BA37-C88F61414950
Sponsored

Last edited:

JDM importz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si coupe
Country flag
What’s the part/ kit # from arp?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
is this available? I cant seem to find it on your website?
I'm expecting to have the product listed on our site before the end of the day. I'll be sure to share the link here at that time. :thumbsup:
What’s the part/ kit # from arp?
The SKU is: TSP-15T-HEAD STUD KIT

As you can probably tell, that is not a conventional ARP part number. This kit is manufactured by ARP for TSP and is a TSP exclusive product. The studs are the "special sauce". Everything else in the kit would be considered a standard off the shelf ARP product. The studs are made using ARP2000, which is stamped on the head of each stud.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are arp2000 which is about 4% stronger than 8740. L19 is about 19% stronger than 8740.

https://arp-bolts.mobi/p/tech.php?page=5
Something to keep in mind about L19 is that ARP does not recommend it for head studs. L19 must be kept oiled at all times to prevent exposure of the surface to moisture or other containments.

Last edited:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The left side of this matches up with what @bbeem already shared but there is a nice chart on the right that is a good quick reference on the materials.

Honda Civic 10th gen ARP head studs image001

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the kit and it seems like there is no torque specs included. can I follow Maperformance torque even without the the spacers?

L15_2222.jpg
Great question. The only change we would recommend would be increasing the torque spec to 70ft lbs as per ARP's recommendation for these particular studs.

Please note that this torque specification is specific to the ARP assembly lubricant that is included with these kits. Please make sure it is used and not another lubricant such as motor oil.

Honda Civic 10th gen ARP head studs HSK Install

Honda Civic 10th gen ARP head studs 1651757007128

Last edited:

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
The left side of this matches up with what @bbeem already shared but there is a nice chart on the right that is a good quick reference on the materials.

image001.png
Good info, lots of Honda's and 2JZ's do run the L19's as head studs, just need to give it the white glove treatment. I have been happy with ARP 2000 head and main studs on all my builds, works very well.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two thoughts:
1. What about increasing the OEM head bolts to more than 60 ft-lbs? Like, removing the valve cover, and tightening them to 70?
2. When loosening the head bolts, what’s the probability of breaking one?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Two thoughts:
1. What about increasing the OEM head bolts to more than 60 ft-lbs? Like, removing the valve cover, and tightening them to 70?
2. When loosening the head bolts, what’s the probability of breaking one?
1. It isn’t the torque spec or clamping load that is the weak point with the factory head bolts, it is the metallurgy. I would not recommend torquing them over spec either because, unlike studs, bolts are subject to high torsion as you perform final torque and you risk weakening or even shearing them. Not a fun time.

2. Minimal. Despite the heat and forces of the environment that head bolts operate in, the bolt heads are constantly bathed in oil and the threads are effectively sealed from exposure meaning that corrosion and galling is virtually nonexistent and so breakaway torque is low enough as to not risk shearing a bolt unless they are already severely compromised. Not impossible, just extremely unlikely.
Sponsored