Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Was wondering what protection/replacement have you come up with for arm rest pads
for 2018 Si Coupe. They come with some ugly and wear prone cheap cloth. Am thinking
removing the cloth and wrap them with carbon fiber vinyl. Not sure how successful will be
with that attempt, so am open for any suggestions!
Sponsored

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was wondering what protection/replacement have you come up with for arm rest pads
for 2018 Si Coupe. They come with some ugly and wear prone cheap cloth. Am thinking
removing the cloth and wrap them with carbon fiber vinyl. Not sure how successful will be
with that attempt, so am open for any suggestions!
If you don't mind it being a bit expensive, you can order the "leather" versions of the parts from a Honda dealership and swap them. They're not real leather, but they're nice and tough (probably more so than real leather). I've done this, because none of the wraps/getting the parts upholstered are quite as consistent as the OEM parts.

In my view, the expense was outweighed by my fear of fudging it up.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
If you don't mind it being a bit expensive, you can order the "leather" versions of the parts from a Honda dealership and swap them. They're not real leather, but they're nice and tough (probably more so than real leather). I've done this, because none of the wraps/getting the parts upholstered are quite as consistent as the OEM parts.

In my view, the expense was outweighed by my fear of fudging it up.
Thanks for the suggestion! Did you do the swap yourself or had the dealer do it, ?
Would you know of a video on how to do it ?

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion! Did you do the swap yourself or had the dealer do it, ?
Swapped myself. I've posted a text tutorial outlining the steps for the coupe, here. There are YouTube videos explaining how to remove the door panel, although I think I went into more detail. Once the panel is off, getting the armrests out is just 5 screws and a bit of light prying/pushing from behind.

Best place to order OEM in Canada is torontohondaparts.com. If you make an account on their website, I believe you get 20% off their pricing. If you're nearby, I think they can do pickup, but shipping is quick.

Last edited:

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The centre console is super easy. Side pieces just pull straight up; the lid can either be unscrewed from underneath and pulled off, or you can pull off the plastic rear panel, slide the hinge pin out (there's a small retaining ring to remove 1st), and swap out the whole assembly (what I did). The centre console lid comes with the plastic bits (hinge and slide) as one big assembly.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Swapped myself. I've posted a text tutorial outlining the steps for the coupe, here. There are YouTube videos explaining how to remove the door panel, although I think I went into more detail. Once the panel is off, getting the armrests out is just 5 screws and a bit of light prying/pushing from behind.

Best place to order OEM in Canada is torontohondaparts.com. If you make an account on their website, I believe you get 20% off their pricing. If you're nearby, I think they can do pickup, but shipping is quick.
Thanks for your detailed help. Definitely will change them and OEM sounds like the only option yet.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Thanks for your detailed help. Definitely will change them and OEM sounds like the only option yet.
I just finished getting rid of the cloth interior pieces last night, so here's my two cents. The door armrests are not worth trying to cover, I bought the OEM leather ones for about $30 each from hondapartsnow. The center console OEM pieces run about $200 for all of them, so I simply bought leather fabric and a staple gun from hobby lobby for about $20 and did it myself. The center console pieces didn't come out perfectly, but for a 90% discount I'll be ok.
Sponsored