be12nard

First Name
InvisibleWorld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Country flag
Do anyone have this exhaust on their SI? Please share your comments. If you think there are other exhausts better than ARK, please advise.
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t have the Ark or any experience with them. I did consider them when shopping exhausts. The thing with Ark is that you are in a similar price point as Borla, AWE, and HKS. I’d go with any of those over Ark. I ended up buying MAP. Slightly lower price point. I’m quite happy with it.

Here’s a good clip of different options.

plugWok

First Name
iLLMac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si
Country flag
i Went with the DDR by greddy..
Ark is a replicating company. Which means they have never done the proper RandD, track tests , etc for any of their units... I would stick with the big dogs...

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think it sounds amazing, it is on the louder side. You can hear it hear via EdgeAutoSports video. They did some testing of some of the nicer exhaust units available.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
i Went with the DDR by greddy..
Ark is a replicating company. Which means they have never done the proper RandD, track tests , etc for any of their units... I would stick with the big dogs...
That describes pretty much all of the aftermarket exhaust systems built for this car.

Muckypup22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si , 2012 civic si, 2018 Acura TLX A-SPEC
Country flag
Do anyone have this exhaust on their SI? Please share your comments. If you think there are other exhausts better than ARK, please advise.
Ark was on my short list of exhaust systems to get, but I went with the MAPerformance "Street" and I am so glad I did. I installed it today and it sounds about as perfect as an aftermarket exhaust could sound IMO. I wasn't looking for an obnoxious loud system and when sitting there at idle it is definitely much louder than stock and much deeper. It really comes alive when you get on the gas though.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, based on those videos above....if you want loud and aggressive, the BORLA is the way to go. Somehow it's way louder than my muffler delete. ?

Must have something to do with the borla resonator vs the stock resonator? (which I kept)

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
your statement made no sense guy..... smh
Minimal R&D is put into aftermarket exhaust systems.. Hell, i'd bet the factory exhaust has more R&D than all of the aftermarket exhausts for this car combined as it actually has to meet sound, milage, areo, etc standards.

Shit, most of these companies just ask to borrow someone's car for a day or two to build and finalize fitment...

Any company "track testing" an exhaust probably has a dedicated 10th gen track car (E.G. 27Won).

twosixthree

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just got the Magnaflow on my mine yesterday. Not to loud and sounds good.

plugWok

First Name
iLLMac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si
Country flag
Minimal R&D is put into aftermarket exhaust systems.. Hell, i'd bet the factory exhaust has more R&D than all of the aftermarket exhausts for this car combined as it actually has to meet sound, milage, areo, etc standards.

Shit, most of these companies just ask to borrow someone's car for a day or two to build and finalize fitment...

Any company "track testing" an exhaust probably has a dedicated 10th gen track car (E.G. 27Won).
If you see a thread on any forum from an exhaust manufactue asking to borrow a car for a day im assuming whatever RnD have been done. It could be that they just need it for a day to do the final testfit before they send the prototype over seas for mass production.

have not had any experiences with 27 won and doubt i ever will because none of their parts appeal to me....

I can guarantee you companies such as HKS and Spoon most certainly does their home work... then companies like ark copy them

plugWok

First Name
iLLMac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si
Country flag

also ... If a manufacture has many versions of the same exhaust like Version 1 v2 v3 etc.... they are letting the customers do the r and D .lol
Sponsored