ARK DT-S Exhaust *FITS* a 2020 Honda Civic Sport

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Sedan, 1968 Pontiac Tempest (FOR SALE)
Country flag
I like many others wanted an exhaust for my 2020 honda civic sport but sadly there wasn't many options out there yet. They only one I wanted was the ARK DT-S exhaust. There was no one saying I could make it fit so I bought it to see for myself. And turns out you can with a small modification. There is a flange that the exhaust bolts on to which is the flex pipe coming from the cat. The studs on that pipe you need to take out and bore out the holes to fit the exhaust extra width. Once you do that it should bolt right up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Honda Civic 10th gen ARK DT-S Exhaust *FITS* a 2020 Honda Civic Sport IMG_20200823_145306_370
Honda Civic 10th gen ARK DT-S Exhaust *FITS* a 2020 Honda Civic Sport 20200823_143324

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
On my sport coupe, there are the same exhaust mounts that are on my sport touring hatch. So it can be made to fit but most people would need to take it to an exhaust shop for even a small modification.
When I get an exhaust for my sport touring, I plan to install it myself, and it will be bolt on.

OP
OP

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On my sport coupe, there are the same exhaust mounts that are on my sport touring hatch. So it can be made to fit but most people would need to take it to an exhaust shop for even a small modification.
When I get an exhaust for my sport touring, I plan to install it myself, and it will be bolt on.
Yea i tried to take it to an exhaust shop and they said they couldn't without making it "unsafe to use" but I took it home and did it myself within an hour

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Looks nice can you post more pictures of the installation process? also if you have some sound clips would be very appreciated thanks in advance.

OP
OP

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks nice can you post more pictures of the installation process? also if you have some sound clips would be very appreciated thanks in advance.
Thank you and I'll get a few more photos from under the car to show how I did it better, and I'll grab a sound clip as soon as I can!

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I like many others wanted an exhaust for my 2020 honda civic sport but sadly there wasn't many options out there yet. They only one I wanted was the ARK DT-S exhaust. There was no one saying I could make it fit so I bought it to see for myself. And turns out you can with a small modification. There is a flange that the exhaust bolts on to which is the flex pipe coming from the cat. The studs on that pipe you need to take out and bore out the holes to fit the exhaust extra width. Once you do that it should bolt right up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Is this an issue only with the 2020+ models? If so, why did Honda change that part? I was under the impression that engine-wise (and everything going in/out of it) they were the same?

OP
OP

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is this an issue only with the 2020+ models? If so, why did Honda change that part? I was under the impression that engine-wise (and everything going in/out of it) they were the same?
It was only an issue because, I was trying to fit a Honda Civic Sedan SI exhaust onto a Honda Civic Sport. The si is a 1.5l turbo engine and the sport is a 2.0l na. This makes the exhaust for the si a little bit bigger than the sports making the mounting spots for the exhaust too big when trying to install it on the sport models. That is why you would need to do the custom fab work of breaking the welds, boaring out the holes to make it wide enough on the flex pipe, then welding the bolts in the correct position to fit.

Hopefully that helps!

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was only an issue because, I was trying to fit a Honda Civic Sedan SI exhaust onto a Honda Civic Sport. The si is a 1.5l turbo engine and the sport is a 2.0l na. This makes the exhaust for the si a little bit bigger than the sports making the mounting spots for the exhaust too big when trying to install it on the sport models. That is why you would need to do the custom fab work of breaking the welds, boaring out the holes to make it wide enough on the flex pipe, then welding the bolts in the correct position to fit.

Hopefully that helps!
Thanks. Sorry I thought this was for a hatchback.

OP
OP

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Sorry I thought this was for a hatchback.
No problem man I think for the Hatches they should be the same, but my knowledge is with sedans so double check that for sure!

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
By any chance do you have any sound clips after fitting this exhaust?

OP
OP

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
By any chance do you have any sound clips after fitting this exhaust?
Its hard getting anyone to record them, let me go bug someone real quick to try and get some revving and some driving by shots

Reactions: FC2

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Its hard getting anyone to record them, let me go bug someone real quick to try and get some revving and some driving by shots
Aha thank you, much appreciated. Just curious about how it sounds.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No problem man I think for the Hatches they should be the same, but my knowledge is with sedans so double check that for sure!
Assuming you didn't weigh it, do you recall how heavy it felt vs the stock exhaust? It looks like it would be fairly lightweight since no mufflers.

OP
OP

turtlerevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Assuming you didn't weigh it, do you recall how heavy it felt vs the stock exhaust? It looks like it would be fairly lightweight since no mufflers.
It felt a lot lighter than stock forsure I would stay only a couple pounds lighter (1-2) maybe