123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone that has ARK DT-S exhaust here?
I got it in July and has put 4000km on my car since then.
It looks good, sounds good!!
Advertised as no droin to little droin, but in fact it droins alot. maybe not as much as R400 but still annoying.

2k has little droin,
2.5 - 3.5 is comfort zone
anything over 3.5 starts to droin your head, coins will bounce with each downshift.
I contacted ARK and they blame my other mod such as my aFe catted downpipe & Front pipe, but one of my friend who has stock dp fp, he has the same droin.

wonder how every other ark owner handle the droin? anyway to counter it?
Sponsored

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
I had the same drone with the Greddy 3 tip exhaust, installed full dynamat in the whole rear of the car, it helped a bit but did not get rid of the drone or coins rattling...lesson learned, so I swapped to HKS Hi-Power Spec-L and ZERO drone. Moral of the story, to get rid of drone, get rid of the exhaust lol. Prob swapping to Remus next year so I can have wireless control :)

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same drone with the Greddy 3 tip exhaust, installed full dynamat in the whole rear of the car, it helped a bit but did not get rid of the drone or coins rattling...lesson learned, so I swapped to HKS Hi-Power Spec-L and ZERO drone. Moral of the story, to get rid of drone, get rid of the exhaust lol. Prob swapping to Remus next year so I can have wireless control :)
HKS hi power is quiet right?
I love how it sounds with the ARK, it is a bit loud.. but sounds great. however, the drone is bugging me especially when I have passenger, it is embarrassing each time I down shift..

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
HKS hi power is quiet right?
I love how it sounds with the ARK, it is a bit loud.. but sounds great. however, the drone is bugging me especially when I have passenger, it is embarrassing each time I down shift..
yes its VERY quiet....sounds really good banging off the rev limiter and when full throttle...other than that its honestly a bit too tame for me, but I was so happy go get rid of the stupid Greddy drone Im cool with it for now....but next year I think im going Remus so that I can have all the different modes...OEM sounds to BEAST mode!

be12nard

First Name
InvisibleWorld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Country flag
anyone that has ARK DT-S exhaust here?
I got it in July and has put 4000km on my car since then.
It looks good, sounds good!!
Advertised as no droin to little droin, but in fact it droins alot. maybe not as much as R400 but still annoying.

2k has little droin,
anything over 3.5 starts to droin your head, coins will bounce with each downshift.
I contacted ARK and they blame my other mod such as my aFe catted downpipe & Front pipe, but one of my friend who has stock dp fp, he has the same droin.

I am looking to purchase ARK DT-S exhaust. Do you mind to share how much you paid for it? Are you selling it?

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
I am looking to purchase ARK DT-S exhaust. Do you mind to share how much you paid for it? Are you selling it?
We can get you a good deal on it, Ark / us are having a big sale right now. Message us.

-Josh

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
2k has little droin,

I just got it, planning on putting dynamat in the entire hatch bc its literally just bare metal back there, most of the sounds starts from the back so I figure it'll help a bit.

Any update from you on things you've done to combat the drone? This is the best sounding exhaust to me but the drone at 3.5 is pretty hard on passengers who thought it sounded great outside the car.

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got it, planning on putting dynamat in the entire hatch bc its literally just bare metal back there, most of the sounds starts from the back so I figure it'll help a bit.

Any update from you on things you've done to combat the drone? This is the best sounding exhaust to me but the drone at 3.5 is pretty hard on passengers who thought it sounded great outside the car.
I didnt do anything.. I got used to it.. and changed to j's racing full Ti exhaust for a short time and being a straight pipe..it is even more annoying...
I had it for 4 days and put my ARK back on and love it all over again.
ARK sounds even better than my 5g J'S racing full Ti..
I dont think dynamat will help much.. but please let me know if it worth the money..
Sponsored