Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My Civic is 2 years old now, and I am still very happy with it. No problems at all. I plan to keep the car for 10+ years.

The feature I like most is the adaptive cruise control (ACC). My previous cars did not have that. It is really useful on the california freeways.

Two years ago, when I first drove this car, I was thinking that the next big thing beyond ACC would be the self driving cars and I was hoping that in 5 years we'd be there. Unfortunately it now seems that progress has stalled. I don't think that the 11th or the 12th gen Civics will be self driving. It seems that during the last 2 years Tesla has not improved much, either.

Without self driving capabilities, I really don't see any value in upgrading to any other car right now. Sure there are bigger/faster/more luxurious cars out there, but actually they don't have something that I need and my car is missing.
I don't get why people are so happy to have cruise control/self driving cars. I used cruise control a hand full of times in the past 10 years and always stop it because it feels weird. I love my civic si because of its standard transmission if it had self driving capabilities i think i would fall asleep behind the wheel. If I don't zippy around in my civic i tend get super bored behind the wheel. I am a daily driver and commute quite a lot. Self driving must be for the people stuck in traffic for hours. :hmm:
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I've owned my hatch for about a month now, coming from a 2015 9th gen Civic EX sedan. Enjoying the tuned performance, better suspension and the usability of the hatch. I feel like interior quality has went down compared to my 9th gen. The 10th gen I own has rattles and weird fabric choices compared to my 9th.

I've also test driven a 10th Si, Elantra GT N Line (comparable price) and Mazda 3 GT (2019). The Si feels sporty compared to my hatch, Elantra is much slower but has an amazing panoramic sunroof and the Mazda 3 has a much better interior.

Still, the fun factor of driving my Hatch is what keeps me driving it. Wish the paint wasn't so chippy, speakers & head unit was better and interior quality was a bit better, but that's what after market is for ;)
It's puzzling you have rattles and paint chips on your hatch after one month of ownership, while I have none in two and a half years.

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
3+ years, 61K miles, Hondata, exhaust, and lots of other goodies, still very happy! There are a couple of annoying things about it, but zero problems. A color change, and many different wheel/tire set ups, still happy I bought it!
Honda Civic 10th gen Are you still happy with your Civic? IMG_20200815_163319319
Honda Civic 10th gen Are you still happy with your Civic? IMG_20200815_163202798

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
3+ years, 61K miles, Hondata, exhaust, and lots of other goodies, still very happy! There are a couple of annoying things about it, but zero problems. A color change, and many different wheel/tire set ups, still happy I bought it!
IMG_20200815_163319319.jpg
IMG_20200815_163202798.jpg
Your car looks Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! I dig the mugen tails.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Happy with my hatchback - I was planning to sell after it reaches 5-6 years and get a new car, but I have a feeling that I might get attached to it in the same fashion as my old cars and end up bill after bill of repairs (and a very low resale value due to old car-age)

OP
OP
nick94

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I don't get why people are so happy to have cruise control/self driving cars. I used cruise control a hand full of times in the past 10 years and always stop it because it feels weird. I love my civic si because of its standard transmission if it had self driving capabilities i think i would fall asleep behind the wheel. If I don't zippy around in my civic i tend get super bored behind the wheel. I am a daily driver and commute quite a lot. Self driving must be for the people stuck in traffic for hours. :hmm:
Well, it is an option, you know? You don't have to use every option every day - but it's great to have it. I didn't know I needed Adaptive Cruise Control, either... before actually using it and realizing how useful it is, especially when I am tired. I now believe that the only real improvement new cars have over a 10-year old car is the ACC. The old Cruise Control feels completely useless compared to ACC. It is fantastic progress!

I'd love to have a fully-autonomous option too. Sure, I wouldn't use it everyday. But it would be great to know that after an exhausting family trip I could just say to my car: "now drive me home" ... while I take a nap!

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
Still happy. Other than the A/C and some small minor known issues; it's what I expected from Honda.
Would you mind explaining the A/C and other minor issues you experiences specifically? I'm evaluating the 2019 civic and would appreciate your input on the matter.

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
Lanewatch is useless but I'm sure doesn't add significant cost to the car so...meh.
Hi,
I'm evaluating the 2019 Civic and would appreciate your input on the following questions:

What Issues do you have that make you say its useless? How often do you use or not use lane assist? Is there anything that you think could be improved?

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
We have had issues with it that has led to disappointments with the car but it won't stop us from buying another.

Hi,

I'm evaluating the 2019 civic and would like to know more about what issues you experienced.

Thanks!

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
True self driving tech (which is while away I believe) will allow you turn turn your car into a robotaxi so it can go generate income for you while you are not using it. Between that and your average daily commute I'm not sure when you would get a chance to charge it- but that is one benefit.

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
Next month will be two years I've had this one, the first one was a lemon and a nightmare. Other than a few glitches with the head unit and the horrible, horrible glass that chips if you look at it wrong, I've been much happier with this one.
That being said, I won't buy another. I thought I would get used to the turbo lag by now, but that hasn't really happened.
Hi,

I'm evaluating the 2019 Honda Civic and would like to know more about the issues you experienced with the head unit. also any other issues you experienced that were difficult or confusing to use.

Thanks!

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
After about 18 months and 22k miles into this car, I do love it. This is the first car I’ve modified to this extent and it’s really enhanced the experience of owning it. I make up reasons just to go drive in it. While it has some flaws, it’s been super reliable and I’ve had zero issues thus far. It’s been quite a fun daily driver. At one point I regretted getting a CVT, but now that my arthritic left knee is just falling apart lately, I don’t think manuals as a daily will ever be in my future. Surprised, the CVT has held up extremely well considering how hard I dog it lol
Hi,

Im evaluating the 2019 Civic and would like to know more about the minor issues you experienced.

Thanks!

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
I'm with OP.

Also bought the car mainly for the ACC (plus Android Auto for future-proof infotainment) and I'm still yet to see a contender in this class that would seriously make me consider parting ways with the Civic. It just offers so much (both equipment- and size-wise) for what it is.

I guess going hybrid will be the next logical step as I have lots of city driving and the silent start-stops would be a bonus, but other than that I'm good.
Hi,

I'm evaluating the 2019 Civic and would like to know more about your experiences with the usability of features such as ACC. Is there anything you like or dislike? Maybe some improvements you would recommend to the ACC. Also, any other usability issues you may have had with other features. I know there have been some updates to android auto recently. How do those work or don't work for you in your Civic?

Thanks!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
After a year of ownership of my 2019 civic si, I had nothing but sheer bad luck with the car after 3 months of ownership. Had a bad rattle on my left pillar my dealer didn’t want to deal with and claimed to not be able to replicate the issue. Had a big rig fling a rock at my windshield on the highway and had to replace it. Let someone borrow my car only for them to give two of my rims curb rash on my own curb. After all this I was just planning on trading the car in, but I’m starting to appreciate the car more after putting in Perrin inserts to the RMM since the engine doesn’t move around as much and pillar issue went away on its own. Now I’m looking to getting an intercooler and ktuner.
Sponsored