Are you still happy with your Civic?

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
After about 18 months and 22k miles into this car, I do love it. This is the first car I’ve modified to this extent and it’s really enhanced the experience of owning it. I make up reasons just to go drive in it. While it has some flaws, it’s been super reliable and I’ve had zero issues thus far. It’s been quite a fun daily driver. At one point I regretted getting a CVT, but now that my arthritic left knee is just falling apart lately, I don’t think manuals as a daily will ever be in my future. Surprised, the CVT has held up extremely well considering how hard I dog it lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
nick94

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Wish I had ACC. Glad I don't have auto wipers.

Other than that, absolutely.
My auto wipers work great! No issues with that. And anyway, if you don't like it or doesn't work correctly, you just turn it off and it works like manual wipers. There is no downside to have the auto option.

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with OP.

Also bought the car mainly for the ACC (plus Android Auto for future-proof infotainment) and I'm still yet to see a contender in this class that would seriously make me consider parting ways with the Civic. It just offers so much (both equipment- and size-wise) for what it is.

I guess going hybrid will be the next logical step as I have lots of city driving and the silent start-stops would be a bonus, but other than that I'm good.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Wow OP and I opposites.

I hate all the technology in cars, can't stand the adaptive cruise and lane sensing stuff. Self deiving car is the last thing in the world I want to see or have forced on me.

It's bad enough I'm forced into buying a bunch of cheap tech crap that's impossible to fix without forking over thousands and thousands.
I'm the same way. Less is more. The more you pay in "tech" upgrades, the more maintenance and hassle it becomes. One example is replacing your windshield.....if you need to replace it with sensing, then be prepared to fork over $$$ to have it recalibrated. I think the mindset is newer=better which isnt always the case.

I think the best/most reliable Japanese cars were in the 90s and early 2000s. They had those old dial gauges and were incredibly easy to work on. My co-worker has 2000 Corolla, and the car is the most unsexy thing I have ever seen , but it has over 400,000 miles and still runs with the original engine and transmission.

I'd rather have a basic Civic without the frills, cameras, etc, and -$4,000 off the sticker instead of the gimmicks that will eventually get broken and an upcharge.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
My auto wipers work great! No issues with that. And anyway, if you don't like it or doesn't work correctly, you just turn it off and it works like manual wipers. There is no downside to have the auto option.
There isn't an easy way to have variable intermittent wipers on the cars that have rain sensing wipers. The only way is to pull the cover off the sensor and unplug it.

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 Sport Hatch 6spd w/ 52k miles, before I was modded the only thing I thought of was looking at other cars. Now that I have some noise and "go fast" parts, I think less and less of what else I'd get. It's a daily beater obviously with that mileage and plus it sees snow. That cuts the majority of the cars I actually like down by 80%. No m235i/240, kia stinger.
To be honest this was my first Honda and it has altered my expectation on how far your dollar can go for the money.

Things I considered before modding:
-Officially have zero interest in a type-r anymore from a 25k miles a year daily stand point,
-Veloster N interior is a no go for me,
-Golf R is a hard pass with it's reliability and upkeep, (VW/Audi clique:thumbsdown::banghead::drool:)
-Focus ST/RS were contenders but they suffer the same fate of WRX's, outdated and overly boy racer focused. Civic's definitely have a bit more refinement.

Things I'm considering:
-Infiniti Q60 awd which I've heard a lot of mixed feelings
If the 11th gen Si's get a hatch I'll be all over it, as well as if the new WRX's bring back the hatch I might just jump ship.

Also no room for a 2nd car, reasons why I got rid of my fully done up e36 or else I'd still have a stock civic lol.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still in love with this car the same amount as when I drove it off the lot. Growing up I never really had that much money to be spent on modifying cars, I hustled my ass through college and got job partly for my future of course but partly so I could finally build something and call it my own :spaz:

I have a great deal of attachment with this car for that specific reason, threw on 7k miles within 4 months with this car because for the first 1-2 months I was literally just driving the car everywhere and snapping photos left and right lol

IMG_0037.jpg
Love your car. What prompted you to upgrade to a 2020?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love your car. What prompted you to upgrade to a 2020?
Thanks brother I appreciate it :D

My dad has a close friend that works at honda, we've gone to him for a long time so he managed to snag me a good deal to switch to a 2020, didn't need to pay that much more and planning to keep this car for a while. All the little upgrades seemed very worth it to me and I also really wanted a white coupe.

Last edited:

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I've owned my hatch for about a month now, coming from a 2015 9th gen Civic EX sedan. Enjoying the tuned performance, better suspension and the usability of the hatch. I feel like interior quality has went down compared to my 9th gen. The 10th gen I own has rattles and weird fabric choices compared to my 9th.

I've also test driven a 10th Si, Elantra GT N Line (comparable price) and Mazda 3 GT (2019). The Si feels sporty compared to my hatch, Elantra is much slower but has an amazing panoramic sunroof and the Mazda 3 has a much better interior.

Still, the fun factor of driving my Hatch is what keeps me driving it. Wish the paint wasn't so chippy, speakers & head unit was better and interior quality was a bit better, but that's what after market is for ;)

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I love mine. It's 4 years old and it's still perfect. Not a single problem. Except the dealer replaced my A.C. compressor free of charge. Everything I want and nothing I don't. 2 door coupe, 6mt, N.A. 2.0. It does have a few dings in it but that's unavoidable with a daily driver.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Wish I had ACC. Glad I don't have auto wipers.

Other than that, absolutely.
On paper its a great selling point but they forget to tell you the 8-900 dollar cost for replacing the windshield if it ever gets damaged and the calibration it would need or if your sensor gets messed up in the bumper. I'm very okay with out I wanted a 2019 purposely to avoid that option and if ever get an R ill shoot for a 2019 for the same reason

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks brother I appreciate it :D

My dad has a close friend that works at honda, we've gone to him for a long time so he managed to snag me a good deal to switch to a 2020, didn't need to pay that much more and planning to keep this car for a while. All the little upgrades seemed very worth it to me and I also really wanted a white coupe.
Cool. I'm in the same exact boat sorta. I would kill for a 2020 Hatch Sport. It's an order of magnitude better than my '18.

Last edited:

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Got my 2020 Si coupe about 6 months ago. Some days I'm into it and other days I'm ready to move on. However I will still mod it as long as I own it.

OP
OP
nick94

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
On paper its a great selling point but they forget to tell you the 8-900 dollar cost for replacing the windshield if it ever gets damaged and the calibration it would need or if your sensor gets messed up in the bumper. I'm very okay with out I wanted a 2019 purposely to avoid that option and if ever get an R ill shoot for a 2019 for the same reason
I had my 5th gen Civic for 17 years. Yes, seventeen years! Never replaced the windshield.
Sponsored