CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Seat height adjuster started fucking up around 15k miles and by time I got around to taking it in I was over my warranty by 1k miles.
I was lucky. Mine gave up at 25t km. Replaced under warranty but it took them half a day. And as the mechanic said: ā€œIt was not funā€

low washer fluid indicator: mine does have one. It seems they put one in the EU versions, glovebox opening dampener too. Probably higher trim levels (non Si) in the US Have those too.

just the rattles drive me crazy sometines.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I was lucky. Mine gave up at 25t km. Replaced under warranty but it took them half a day. And as the mechanic said: ā€œIt was not funā€

low washer fluid indicator: mine does have one. It seems they put one in the EU versions, glovebox opening dampener too. Probably higher trim levels (non Si) in the US Have those too.

just the rattles drive me crazy sometines.
No US civic has windshield washer warnings. Afaik, accords don't have them either. Even base model acuras don't, and that's a luxury brand.

In the US we are always on the ball and we just don't forget to top up the fluids. :cool: That's why not only no washer fluid low warnings, but also smaller washer reservoirs. I would rather have more cupholders, fries holders, and a hamburger holder instead. :rofl:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Itā€™s ok. I think itā€™s better in most measurable ways than the gen 9 it replaced but I donā€™t think itā€™s a terribly special car thatā€™s endeared itself to me. The 16-20 year old me might have loved it... the 38 year old me sees it as something to be used, enjoyed, maintained and then discarded when it suits me. I donā€™t have any great attachment to the car and think Iā€™ll feel about the same way I felt when I got rid of the ā€˜15... not much of anything at all. Thatā€™s probably as much as a change in me than anything good or bad about the car. Iā€™ve gotten lukewarm on cars in general over the last decade.
Well said. I gave you a thumbs up. I'm only posting this because I just gave your your 4,000th like. Haha

As for me, I love mine and will keep it for many more years. Mine will only be replaced by a C8 when the kids are out of the house. Roughly ~6 years...although there is a slight chance it could get replaced sooner with a Veloster N DCT.... time will tell.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well said. I gave you a thumbs up. I'm only posting this because I just gave your your 4,000th like. Haha

As for me, I love mine and will keep it for many more years. Mine will only be replaced by a C8 when the kids are out of the house. Roughly ~6 years...although there is a slight chance it could get replaced sooner with a Veloster N DCT.... time will tell.
4000!? Wow. Never really paid much attention. Well... I hope maybe a few people got something out of a few useful bits Iā€™ve said over the last 3 years or so... beyond rants or overly-long drivel post that Iā€™m guilty of doing.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
I've purchased mine used in February, previous owner kept it clean/took care of it. There are some fit and finish deficiencies, infotainment system is not the best, some rattles here and there, but I'm so far happy with it. I bought it as an inexpensive commute car to save on gas. It's a fun car, I feel like the stock power is enough for my needs. I just flashed the ECU with TSP's stage 1 tune, so now its more lively. One of these weekends I tear through it and see if can fix some the rattles. maybe noise insulate the trunk

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Si is amazing, though it's past time to go hybrid. I'm waiting to see what Honda reveals in Spring next year. Seems like rumors suggest they have a hybrid hatchback line-up coming. We'll see.
It could be, the Greensburg IN plant is taking over the Hatchback production from Swindon and they already make Insights and Hybrid CR-V's.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Naw... but youā€™ve got more conviction and piss and vinegar in your posts than I do. You score at least a 10,000 in defending the love for NA cars on a forum that leans heavily towards this itty bitty Fit engine with a turbo slapped to it. ?
Sponsored