nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
My Civic is 2 years old now, and I am still very happy with it. No problems at all. I plan to keep the car for 10+ years.

The feature I like most is the adaptive cruise control (ACC). My previous cars did not have that. It is really useful on the california freeways.

Two years ago, when I first drove this car, I was thinking that the next big thing beyond ACC would be the self driving cars and I was hoping that in 5 years we'd be there. Unfortunately it now seems that progress has stalled. I don't think that the 11th or the 12th gen Civics will be self driving. It seems that during the last 2 years Tesla has not improved much, either.

Without self driving capabilities, I really don't see any value in upgrading to any other car right now. Sure there are bigger/faster/more luxurious cars out there, but actually they don't have something that I need and my car is missing.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
While I have some complaints (rattles, paint quality) overall I still love my car 3+ years later. I still glance back at it admiringly every time I park it. And with the tune and some of the mods I've done it's better than it came from the factory.

As far as you wanting an "upgrade" to a self driving car, that's cool if that's what you want. Personally, I prefer doing my own driving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nick94

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Commuting on congested freeways is not fun! I'd love to have a self-driving option that brings me home in the evening while I take a nap! Actually stop-and-go situations is where I use the adaptive cruise control the most.

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
I love my 2018 civic hatch style, drive, and ability to haul stuff. OWP white paint still looks, to me anyway, like the day I drove it home. Oh and the price was right. AC is my only concern.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
It'll be 2 years in November. I still love it. Not too enthusiastic about possible a/c issues one day but the car still makes me smile every time I drive it.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I liked every single car I owned. Including a minivan, and a small manual pickup truck. Why would I buy a car that I was not going to like?
The shortest I ever owned a car was about 5 years, and it was an exception. It was a small pickup truck that I liked, but finally traded it in before I would kill myself. It felt unsafe for the way I liked to drive.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
after having the civic for two years with zero problems I’m still very satisfied and like it my older brother which is a mechanic ( now retired) has said Honda’s make a good car I guess he’s right

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Got the coupe 2017 with Honda sensing. I still like it BUT, not practical (I want a pick up), paint suck, not confortable, and I’m having a kid in a few months and I don’t feel confortable having a small baby in a small car that can be wrecked by a big suv

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Wow OP and I opposites.

I hate all the technology in cars, can't stand the adaptive cruise and lane sensing stuff. Self deiving car is the last thing in the world I want to see or have forced on me.

It's bad enough I'm forced into buying a bunch of cheap tech crap that's impossible to fix without forking over thousands and thousands.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
4+ years, over 101,000 trouble free miles, Ktuned. Why wouldn't I still be happy with it?

Darkmatter

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX-L
Country flag
9 months in and my only regret is not getting the Touring and negotiating a better deal. My EX-L hatch is quiet, comfortable, economical and has the right set of feature, electronics and safety options.

My main wish in the US models, are the parking sensors, even as a dealer-installed accessory (shut up and take my money!). Lanewatch is useless but I'm sure doesn't add significant cost to the car so...meh. However these are by no means dealbreakers. In fact, I just purchased a second 2020 for another family member in the household, and am taking delivery on it tomorrow.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
It's fun to drive and efficient, but hasn't lived up to my expectations for comfort, reliability, and quality. I was much happier with the car when I first got it compared to now.

FrankTheTank21

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I owned a 2016 civic EXT (auto)I now own a 2020 civic si for about almost 2 months. I’m the opposite I HATE some of the new stuff that’s got added between the 4 years. the interior stuff is great like actual knobs now but the auto braking if you get to close to someone is stupid and unpredictable and I never use cruise control. Love the car but sometimes less is more ??‍♂
Sponsored