tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I figured that might be it. I wonder is it really a "hello" vs "my __ is bigger than yours pal" ya know? LOL
It's a hello if I'm not mistaken, similar to a thumbs up. I remember reading (I think on Reddit) about a guy who just bought an SRT8 Challenger, was driving it with the windows down, and had another Challenger drive by him in a parking going full rev and blowing out his ears :p
Sponsored

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
It's a hello if I'm not mistaken, similar to a thumbs up. I remember reading (I think on Reddit) about a guy who just bought an SRT8 Challenger, was driving it with the windows down, and had another Challenger drive by him in a parking going full rev and blowing out his ears :p
Maybe it means different things in different parts of the country, but in Jersey, it's definitely the guy in the muscle car trying to show off and is basically a direct insult to your car haha. I have a S2K and I get it all the time

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Whoa, sorry man. So you were pulled over for speed or the registration plate? I remember hearing somewhere, either my dealer or an article, that most Si and R owners get speeding tickets within the first 6 months of ownership. I kinda blew it off as rumour though
Add me to that list got my first ticket within a month and a half. Was doing 32 in a 25 going down hill! Brutal

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Here in ontario, we really don't qualify for a speed ticket if we're within 10kph over the limit on side roads. Guess that's something like 6mph

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Here in ontario, we really don't qualify for a speed ticket if we're within 10kph over the limit on side roads. Guess that's something like 6mph
My experience is almost always 15kph over, and depending on the road 20 (though extremely rare).

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ CTR
Country flag
Made a Popeye’s run for the fam while out and about on Saturday. Parked and before I even got to the door a couple of the employees were walking out to “check out the car”.

Have had it since late Oct and this is the first bit of unusual attention it has gotten. The CTR is actually waaay under the radar from my last two vehicles, has been a nice change of pace :)

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Made a Popeye’s run for the fam while out and about on Saturday. Parked and before I even got to the door a couple of the employees were walking out to “check out the car”.

Have had it since late Oct and this is the first bit of unusual attention it has gotten. The CTR is actually waaay under the radar from my last two vehicles, has been a nice change of pace :)
Curious what were your other two cars that were more attention prone.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ CTR
Country flag
Curious what were your other two cars that were more attention prone.
15’ Maserati GTS and 17’ GT350R...I just got used to being on camera or accosted everywhere I went with those two. Esp the Shelby...my Ford peeps are almost fanatical about that car.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
15’ Maserati GTS and 17’ GT350R...I just got used to being on camera or accosted everywhere I went with those two. Esp the Shelby...my Ford peeps are almost fanatical about that car.
Yep the Gt350r and GTS would be a breaking necks lol.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag

This guy made my day yesterday , him and his buddy is black 458 were cruising when I spotted them them on my way home from b-day party. I spent about 30 minutes weaving in traffic and cruising with them. Best part they were not ignorant and they had fun and laughs too, we did couple "pulls" and he was leaving me behind with probably 1/3 of throttle lol 488 is one hell of a car I absolutely love that sound on that thing and how they made turbo car sound so nice. Had a chat with this guy at the red light he said he is amazed Honda made a car that move that quick and he said he loved my color choice . They stay around me so this next weekend imma go hunting for Ferraris lmao

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
there's too many of them in cali now to really get much attention. It still does but nothing like the first few months after it came out.

My best experience was talking to some dude in a 991.1 GT3RS (which is basically like my dream car) about the car.It was only like two months after it came out so he hasn't seen one on the road. Ended up pulling over and showing me the RS and chatted for a little bit.

I don't care what others think about my car but if i had to name one bad (?) experiences, it'd have to be some guy walking past me saying why would anyone spend 40k on a civic while getting into his modified TC and driving away :dunno:

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
there's too many of them in cali now to really get much attention. It still does but nothing like the first few months after it came out.

My best experience was talking to some dude in a 991.1 GT3RS (which is basically like my dream car) about the car.It was only like two months after it came out so he hasn't seen one on the road. Ended up pulling over and showing me the RS and chatted for a little bit.

I don't care what others think about my car but if i had to name one bad (?) experiences, it'd have to be some guy walking past me saying why would anyone spend 40k on a civic while getting into his modified TC and driving away :dunno:

Lolololol on TC guy :rofl:

Yea same here , I said to myself one day you will be driving your ultraviolet gt3rs and go track it from time to time haha still working for it tho and it will be probably a while till i do get one lol

Funny part is everyone wants piece of the R when they see you cruising, even had bunch of mini vans and SUVs tailgating me trying to race. Its funny how everyone sees R and thinks "Yea this guy races 100% of the time lets see what he has got" Most of my time I spend in right lane doing 55-60mph on the interstate minding my own business and enjoying some fine tunes.

Yea here in Chicago not so many that ive seen, i saw another ABM last week near by my place and saw a CW last year this time on I55 heading towards downtown, also saw Rallye Red when they came out first 2 years ago , it was like first week when they were officially on sale . So yea I see about 1 per year lol

Last edited:

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Out to eat, caught someone taking a quick picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Are you still getting attention? 20190330_180949

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Lolololol on TC guy :rofl:

Yea same here , I said to myself one day you will be driving your ultraviolet gt3rs and go track it from time to time haha still working for it tho and it will be probably a while till i do get one lol
yeah, he was talking to his friend about it as we were walking past each other so he probably didn't even know it was my car lol.

The 991.1 guy was very cool. He stopped next to me and he started asking me questions about the car. He said he kind of wanted one to possibly daily drive in. I told him we can trade anytime he wants :) Although I want a 991.2 GT3 now cause it comes in a 6MT lol. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon ... if at all lol.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Thursday came out of the store to someone taking pictures of the R, then on Saturday a high school kid was jumping around ecstatically when he saw me drive up to a pizza place where he was getting some food, I let him check it out and sit in it and I thought he was going to explode with excitement LOL!!!!!
Sponsored