Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Never got any attention when I first bought it and still don't get any attention now. I think people just think it's a riced out Civic. Definitely a pleasant surprise that I can fly under the radar.
you must live in that same town where a honda dealer is putting on red badges and type R wings on Civic LX hatches
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw my 2nd one in the wild on Friday Was an AB color on 143rd just west of Lagrange Ave. Anyone on here the owner? And I don't understand some of you. Your driving a performance car. Why wouldn't someone want to race you? People from all ages will want to race. Kinda funny you mentioning a guy in his 50"s. Some people refuse to act old and will race you.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Your driving a performance car. Why wouldn't someone want to race you? People from all ages will want to race. Kinda funny you mentioning a guy in his 50"s. Some people refuse to act old and will race you.
Because most of us donā€™t want to end up in jail and our car impounded if caught lol, Iā€™ll only go at it with another car if itā€™s an open highway and no other cars around. A few months ago I saw a newer Chevy SUV going at it with a newer Jeep on a residential road, all I could do was shake my head :nono:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because most of us donā€™t want to end up in jail and our car impounded if caught lol, Iā€™ll only go at it with another car if itā€™s an open highway and no other cars around. A few months ago I saw a newer Chevy SUV going at it with a newer Jeep on a residential road, all I could do was shake my head :nono:
Well, exactly. City streets are not the place to race. It's gotta be a side highway, interstate. Something with plenty of room. Younger kids don't understand that and will be reckless regardless of conditions.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I get people driving beside me, trying to take cell phone pics every now and then(makes me nervous that theyā€™re gonna crash). From some peopleā€™s reactions, youā€™d think I was driving a 35k lambo.

I also get compliments from random people in parking lots/gas stations, but itā€™s starting to die down a bit (which is nice IMO)
I got this type of attention on a daily basis when I first bought the car. I was one of the first ones to get it in SoCal back in June of 17ā€™. It was like that for a good six months then the attention died down a bit when there were more owners around the area. The blue color definitely did not fly under the radar and got neck breaking looks even from non car enthusiast. I keep the car as original as possible so people wonā€™t confuse it with a riced to the max standard sport hatch.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Well, exactly. City streets are not the place to race. It's gotta be a side highway, interstate. Something with plenty of room. Younger kids don't understand that and will be reckless regardless of conditions.
The funny part is these werenā€™t kids that were racing, they were in their 40s and 50s....

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

I was on a open road he was behind me in the car like this below, I gunned it at 30mph to like 120mph way behind me , took a off ramp , huge curve , dont see anything then i chilled dont see anything in my rear view and all of sudden this guy comes flying off the ramp while i am doing 30 -40mph , thinking no one is around i go to turn on my left blinker to switch laned , have had not immediately got back in my lane i would have been rear ended at the guy trying to keep up with me. To make a long story short i am glad i did not get in the lane he was in or else my 36k dollar car would have been wrecked . I have had several kids wanna be racers try to make it a point to pass me , like they thought they got the best of me , even though i blew them away barely with the gas pedal half way down when boost kicked in to 120mph, which comes quick in the CTR. Its even funnier when someone tries to keep up in traffic , car switches lanes so fast its ridiculous. Type R mode is no joke and i am sure just with ktuner it would be scary. Had a bunch of kids in a 4 runner give me the thumbs up , giving me the hooray cheer on the highway , i wasnt even racing or really flooring it but took it to 120mph past them , hit the breaks a bit to slow back down to speed limits which was 65-70mph highway, they still made it a point to pass me at 100+mph in a 4runner.

. also dont get behind the CTR because when the brembos brake you better watch out the car stops fast. I dont care if you drive a SI.. Prepare to be sued for injuries when you rear end the CTR because your brakes are trash

Honda Civic 10th gen Are you still getting attention? 4077903

Honda Civic 10th gen Are you still getting attention? 4077903

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some guy in the parking lot at my work loved the sharp angles on the car two days ago- other co workers have given me lots of positive comments when they figured it out it was my car. On the road, I still see people staring at it. So Iā€™d say Iā€™m still getting attention. :)

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Some guy in the parking lot at my work loved the sharp angles on the car two days ago- other co workers have given me lots of positive comments when they figured it out it was my car. On the road, I still see people staring at it. So Iā€™d say Iā€™m still getting attention. :)
A few of my friends are circling back with questions about my CTR...I think more and more of their circle of friends are finding out about the CTR now. One of them works in a Lexus dealer as head tech, and couple of his techs are asking. I might have to drive down and visit his shop soon rather than answering a bunch of questions on text. :)

EDIT: needless to say, more and more of the real "car guys" are asking about our CTRs now.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Had a yellow camero SS want to race me in traffic , i guess he thought he was cool flooring it a few times only to brake to the car in front of him. Its a shame he doesn't realize in 8 years his car will be in a junk yard and mine will be going up in value

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got some more negative attention from a STi owner.

He lives in my neighborhood and revs at me when he drives by.

I waved at once to let him by so I could park in my driveway in reverse...he goes by, revs and shakes his head in disgust...so weird

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I just got some more negative attention from a STi owner.

He lives in my neighborhood and revs at me when he drives by.

I waved at once to let him by so I could park in my driveway in reverse...he goes by, revs and shakes his head in disgust...so weird
I say kill him with kindness. If you ever catch him out parked somewhere stop and compliment him on his car. He'll probably feel like a jerk then. I've done that before. I've stopped and complimented people on their cars while driving the very type of car they themselves hate... but then again I'm a fan of all sorts of sports cars... not just muscle, jap, euro etc.
Sponsored