CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I purchased my CTR in January and in about six weeks I have had like 6 random excited people come up to me to talk about the car. In one of those occasions on my way to Las Vegas for Valentines day i stopped by a rest area and as i was taking a piss i hear a voice " is that your type r " I replied yes! The guy went off and was telling me he has researched the car so much and by the sound of it everything he said was spot on. On our way out he asked if he can take a picture and I said of course! I even went as far as asking him do you want to get on? You can imagine the rest...
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Had one dude pull his window down, thumbs up and nodded in slow.mo while saying type rrrrr

Lol

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I had a Saleen Mustang driver (seen him a few times now) give me a muscle car hello today. I've had a few muscle cars do that actually (a 350, this Saleen a few times, a Camaro, Challenger). In another post I got thumbs from a WRX. S2ks and an old school MR2 (both on the same day and within 5 minutes of each other a couple months back.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Aaaaand i got first ticket today lol Decided ill take it out for 4th or 5th time out today since it was low 40s and 15 minutes in i get pulled over and get no front registration plate :doh: i barely hit 1k miles on it and got written up... not attention i wanted to get definitely :thumbsdown:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Whoa, sorry man. So you were pulled over for speed or the registration plate? I remember hearing somewhere, either my dealer or an article, that most Si and R owners get speeding tickets within the first 6 months of ownership. I kinda blew it off as rumour though

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Ha Ha yes in 3 months ill have mine 2 years and last week had a guy pull up and just brag on the wheels. Today I had a lady say "oh my that is a cute little civic". I replied no no it is a bad ass ninja machine. It is all I could come up with at the time. :)

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Whoa, sorry man. So you were pulled over for speed or the registration plate? I remember hearing somewhere, either my dealer or an article, that most Si and R owners get speeding tickets within the first 6 months of ownership. I kinda blew it off as rumour though
I came of the highway ramp to a stop sign and there was cop sitting accross the street at plaza entrance , i saw him looking at the car and then at me. I turned right rolling barely 15-20mph just waiting for him to pull up behind me and turn on his lights. I just knew it when i saw him im getting a ticket. Western Suburbs here in Chicago area suck , cops never have to do shit and they harass nice cars all the time lol funny fact drove the s2k for 3 years with no front plate and not a single ticket for no front plate and i had 2 speeding tickets one which was 37mph over(cost me hell a lot) and they didnt say shit about the front plate missing.I guess Type R is just a head turner and ill have to deal with it

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I came of the highway ramp to a stop sign and there was cop sitting accross the street at plaza entrance , i saw him looking at the car and then at me. I turned right rolling barely 15-20mph just waiting for him to pull up behind me and turn on his lights. I just knew it when i saw him im getting a ticket. Western Suburbs here in Chicago area suck , cops never have to do shit and they harass nice cars all the time lol funny fact drove the s2k for 3 years with no front plate and not a single ticket for no front plate and i had 2 speeding tickets one which was 37mph over(cost me hell a lot) and they didnt say shit about the front plate missing.I guess Type R is just a head turner and ill have to deal with it
I'm going on 1 year of ownership so far, it's a daily driver, and haven't had a ticket yet, or even get pulled over. I did have this one cop pull some shenanigans on 355N one time though, waved his finger no at me before speeding off (I had gone a little aggressive off of an on-ramp (went above flow of traffic and broke as I entered the merging lane). Guy was literally holding up 4 lanes of traffic during rush hour. But outside of that, I haven't had a cop bat an eye at me.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Well at least it wasn’t for speeding this time. I’m assuming no points deduction and no insurance penalty. Just pay city hall and forget it happen. And put that plate on yalla yalla

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm in a similar boat - any recommendations on front plate mounts? I refuse to drill my bumper.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Well yep pretty much it wont affect my insurance or driving record. Im never gonna drill the bumper if i find some plate mounts that i like i might get it . Until then im i hope i dont get pulled over evryday it would be really frustrating lol

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I had a Saleen Mustang driver (seen him a few times now) give me a muscle car hello today. I've had a few muscle cars do that actually (a 350, this Saleen a few times, a Camaro, Challenger). In another post I got thumbs from a WRX. S2ks and an old school MR2 (both on the same day and within 5 minutes of each other a couple months back.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "muscle car hello"?

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
I still get a lot of compliments and requests to take a photograph of it. I get more attention with the S2K though

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "muscle car hello"?
I guess it's not special to just muscle cars, but I see it happening more often with muscle cars than special 4-bangers. Basically revving out the engine very loudly when passing by.

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I guess it's not special to just muscle cars, but I see it happening more often with muscle cars than special 4-bangers. Basically revving out the engine very loudly when passing by.
I figured that might be it. I wonder is it really a "hello" vs "my __ is bigger than yours pal" ya know? LOL
Sponsored