Are you Impatient to buy the Model/Trim you don't really want...

DarkTimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Civic Hatch MT
I want the Sport Touring. I have considered going to test drive the Sport & EX-L, however, I am afraid too. I do not want the temptation.

I want a new car. I do not need a new car.

Last Fall, I decided my '98 Civic HB would be replaced late this year. If needed, I can wait until early next year. I also own a '02 Highlander which has been my road trip vehicle. Starting in March, I want the 2017 HB to be my road trip vehicle.

This week, I am distracting myself by buying something else non-auto related. Plus, I need time to make a tad more space in the garage since the '17 HB is slightly larger than my '98 HB.

Distractions help with patience.
Sponsored

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I've wanted a HB since they were rumored back in......August? After test driving an EX I almost bought it the next day because I didn't know if I could wait for an EX with sensing. Last week I put $$$ down on an EX with sensing just to get it ordered.

Now it's a slow waiting game......maybe it'll be here in a month and not mid January

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seeing that Sport trim HB at work has even made the wait time even more painful! :(

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I wanted a HB until I saw the spy pics, and then I went and happily bought a sedan.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I have never had a CVT before and it totally kills the driving experience for me. I should have driven it longer during the test drive to realize this. My mistake. I will never get a car with a cvt ever in the future. It's like training wheels. . . . .
What? You rather not have an infinite number of gears that are able to produce the optimal amount of power? You rather have 5 or 6 fixed gears and constantly be to high or too low of a gear to run at peak efficiency? I get fixed gears if you want a manual but for an automatic the seamless shifting and the great mileage and efficiency make the CVT a way better choice in my opinion.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
What? You rather not have an infinite number of gears that are able to produce the optimal amount of power? You rather have 5 or 6 fixed gears and constantly be to high or too low of a gear to run at peak efficiency? I get fixed gears if you want a manual but for an automatic the seamless shifting and the great mileage and efficiency make the CVT a way better choice in my opinion.
CVTs traditionally sap the fun out of a car, like when I drove the Forester XT. But the Civic CVT is really nice, on part with a decent automatic.

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because delivery could take 3-6+ months?

Not about budget nor whether you can afford or not but more about being Impatient?

Right now with Sport Touring Hatchback other expected until late December or even the Si/Type R that you'll settle for a lesser trim?

I know it's strange but curious.
I decided on the EX-L w/Nav hatch over waiting on the sport touring because even though I liked the dual center exhaust, I didn't want or need the other things like the larger tires, rear heated seats, etc. especially for the higher price. Mine's got plenty of power, gets 39+ mpgs, and has all of the options I wanted.

My biggest dilemma was which color--sonic grey, PMM, or blue. When a local dealer got an Aegean Blue by accident instead of black, and I saw it, I loved the combo/contrast of the blue with black trim. The majority of my cars have been blue, so thought I'd want a change, but it's a great color. I know the styling is polarizing, but I think it looks awesome. Gets lots of looks and compliments.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I rather clutch, blip the throttle, switch lanes, downshift , pop the clutch and load up on power and torque than worry about the fuel economy.

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
I am getting sooooo impatient....I don't know how much longer i can wait for the Sport Touring. This is such BS. My family and friends keep asking me why i haven't gotten the car yet & I tell them it's not available then they hit me with "I've seen people drive it" or "why don't you just order it" UGHHH you people don't get it

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I am getting sooooo impatient....I don't know how much longer i can wait for the Sport Touring. This is such BS. My family and friends keep asking me why i haven't gotten the car yet & I tell them it's not available then they hit me with "I've seen people drive it" or "why don't you just order it" UGHHH you people don't get it
That's why I got the blue instead of waiting for white, got tired of the bitching, lol.

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told that Honda UK makes the LOWER TRIMS first since it's the most affordable?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Pilot, Tacoma, TSX
I did not need a car because I enjoyed my Tacoma and knew I would keep it with a car purchase, but was tired of bouncing and getting 18 MPG. I went from locked in on a Touring and switched to an EXL to save the $2400 in cost, all over 6 plus months. Liked the Acura ILX drive, but car was just not it for the money...although I have had multiple Acuras. Then, switched again and I was set to purchase a 2016 Jetta GLI-SEL because of the fun factors, power, and DCG (DCG-DCT is great), but it was sold the day before I was going out of state to buy. Ended up with the 2016 Touring and have enjoyed it. You have to decide what you can afford and what makes you happy when you drive. Agree, the CVT is not hoot at WFO, but when you are just driving it normally, the car is really nicer than I expected. 38 MPG around town is still bizarre to me. An Si with a 2.0 DCT turbo could make me think about a switch, just to have the fun factor on tap. It is like everything in life, just a balance of priorities, wants, and needs. Nah, I'm the opposite of impatient and came full circle.

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
I almost gave in this week but I am also waiting on a Sport Touring. Good thing on many Hatchbacks are on the road so I am not temped.
Sponsored