Are they Too wide ? Will thy fit?

daemg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 16 , Jetta VR6 , YAMAHA r6
hello ,

I am looking forward to buy some new wheels I've seen online .
They are 17s and are 9.25 wide
They have an offset of 34 tho

The tires are some 235.40.17 also
How will it affect the mileage per hour?
Is it bad for the differential ?

I have an ex-t with the oem size of 215.50.17

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Are they Too wide ? Will thy fit? IMG_1416.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I think this website will help. Don't know too much about this kinda stuff, so I'll leave it to you to input the values. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in :)

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
For what it's worth, the Hatch Sport wheels are also 235/40 with an 18 inch rim, so my guess would be... maybe?:dunno:

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
im running 8.5's with +35 offset and they are flush on the fender. this will be too wide and you will need to roll your fender.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
or get extreme camber :D

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Not only that, your steering geometry will be completely fucked and your tires will likely rub on full turns, even on flat roads. Introduce bumps and you're looking at a mound of headaches.

Also, 235's are too thin for 9.25". You'll run stretched tires, which will reduce overall diameter and sidewall.

I'd back away.

OP
OP
daemg

daemg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im running 8.5's with +35 offset and they are flush on the fender. this will be too wide and you will need to roll your fender.
Even with stock suspension ?

The fact that they are stretched doesn't really matter to me . I've had 225 on 9.5 before haha.
What really matters is that it clears suspension and brakes . And that it doesn't rip the fender .

Also if I do have to roll it , it voids any body part warrenty ?

OP
OP
daemg

daemg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not only that, your steering geometry will be completely fucked and your tires will likely rub on full turns, even on flat roads. Introduce bumps and you're looking at a mound of headaches.

Also, 235's are too thin for 9.25". You'll run stretched tires, which will reduce overall diameter and sidewall.

I'd back away.
What do you mean by steering geometry will be fucked ?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
What do you mean by steering geometry will be fucked ?
Your front caster angle will translate to different movements of the wheel due to the width of the rim and low offset. Essentially there will be wheel where there was no wheel before, and you'll face problems.

It's not to say it's impossible, and you may very well have the knowledge and means ($$$) to get this setup to work. I'm just speaking under the assumption that this is just another "will this setup work (easily)" thread, to which the answer is no, it will not.

OP
OP
daemg

daemg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Offset is 34 sorry it doesn't change much I guess ?

OP
OP
daemg

daemg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your front caster angle will translate to different movements of the wheel due to the width of the rim and low offset. Essentially there will be wheel where there was no wheel before, and you'll face problems.

It's not to say it's impossible, and you may very well have the knowledge and means ($$$) to get this setup to work. I'm just speaking under the assumption that this is just another "will this setup work (easily)" thread, to which the answer is no, it will not.

I see , thanks for the info !!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even with stock suspension ?

The fact that they are stretched doesn't really matter to me . I've had 225 on 9.5 before haha.
What really matters is that it clears suspension and brakes . And that it doesn't rip the fender .

Also if I do have to roll it , it voids any body part warrenty ?
TSW told me 9" width would rub all around at anything +32 or less. I would have to roll my fenders and may hit suspension inside

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
or get extreme camber :D
Don't encourage him... :D

OP, stock Sport/Sport Touring wheels carry 234/40 tires on rims of 18x8 with a +50 offset.

The +24 of those wheels is asking for trouble. Don't buy them. Be patient and get something that fits right.

OP
OP
daemg

daemg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't encourage him... :D

OP, stock Sport/Sport Touring wheels carry 234/40 tires on rims of 18x8 with a +50 offset.

The +24 of those wheels is asking for trouble. Don't buy them. Be patient and get something that fits right.
Yeah I wasn't planning on going camber anyways hahah , nor pull the fenders . Anything thatd void the warrenty actually . As mentioned earlier I made an error the offset is 34 tho . But I'm looking for an other set rn
Sponsored