Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights?

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Another option would be to sell the foglights and buy the OEM kit from honda w/ the harness for $180.
Not exactly since That’s USD. Here they would be more.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just picked them up but I’m not impressed with the build quality. Thought it might have a glass lens but it’s plastic. That’s normal? My stock ones have glass lenses.
Yes they were changed from glass to a polycarbonite lense. The glass ones break to easily..

I had less than 50 miles on my car before one of the halogen fogs got smashed from a rock on the highway.

scootibum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Country flag
In 2020 Honda started making these LED fogs a standard feature on the Si and higher end models. They gave them a different part number but they are essentially the same exact thing, except these also come with the little conversion harness to connect the led housing to the non-typeR harness.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TBA-100H.html

I just recently upgraded mine:
20200524_120038.jpg
Was this straight up plug and play? Or did you have to do any wiring?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
You need to conversion harness from halogen to LED. Conversion harness for the Type R FK8 will not work on non Type Rs. I personally learned it since it was a waste for me buying the FK8 harness and not knowing that it will not work on non Type Rs with the halogen harness.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You need to conversion harness from halogen to LED. Conversion harness for the Type R FK8 will not work on non Type Rs. I personally learned it since it was a waste for me buying the FK8 harness and not knowing that it will not work on non Type Rs with the halogen harness.

Yes my setup is straight up plug and play, use the URL in my original post: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TBA-100H.html

This is an OEM Honda conversion kit for non-R models. If you have factory fogs already then this kit provides the conversion harness and LED housings. All you have to do is pop-off the factory bumper inserts and replace the housing/plug them in.

scootibum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Country flag
OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
They are $135 in Canada from the dealership.
Sponsored