Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
A guy locally has these for sale. Says they are FK8 fog lamps. Wants $200 Canadian for the pair.
Are they worth it? I’m pretty sure they would be better than stock but are they genuine? I have not looked for them before. I also don’t know the part numbers before we meet.

I figured at least one of you would have gone through this before.

Thanks in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights? 75B7D9B4-FCBE-4663-B72A-CBCCA04C4CFF

Honda Civic 10th gen Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights? C08442E0-C999-47B5-90C0-C97AABFD45FB

Honda Civic 10th gen Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights? F7ADD3B9-4694-4DF7-880B-25F2CDD0249F

Honda Civic 10th gen Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights? 4C166FF3-8D26-430B-A5D9-A1FB6C94CFE8

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Buying the assemblies mean nothing if you don’t have the harness. The type r ones are leds. The harness is not the same as a regular civic.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Buying the assemblies mean nothing if you don’t have the harness. The type r ones are leds. The harness is not the same as a regular civic.
Interesting but that’s not what I asked. I can easily make up a harness to work. It’s not that hard to find the connectors. I’ve made lots of harnesses. I asked if these are the same as the ones that are in a FK8? Do they look the same. I’ve seen some different ones. That’s why I ask.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes those are correct. By the way those connectors are very hard to find if next to impossible. I actually went the other way around running morimotos I looked to source the female connector without luck. You will need the male in your case. I ended up just making my out setup using taps. Not professional as I could have liked but economical. So good luck with that one. I used to be a stereo and alarm installer by the way.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
In 2020 Honda started making these LED fogs a standard feature on the Si and higher end models. They gave them a different part number but they are essentially the same exact thing, except these also come with the little conversion harness to connect the led housing to the non-typeR harness.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TBA-100H.html

I just recently upgraded mine:
Honda Civic 10th gen Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights? 20200524_120038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Interesting but that’s not what I asked. I can easily make up a harness to work. It’s not that hard to find the connectors. I’ve made lots of harnesses. I asked if these are the same as the ones that are in a FK8? Do they look the same. I’ve seen some different ones. That’s why I ask.
Where can you get the harnesses from?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
In 2020 Honda started making these LED fogs a standard feature on the Si and higher end models. They gave them a different part number but they are essentially the same exact thing, except these also come with the little conversion harness to connect the led housing to the non-typeR harness.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TBA-100H.html

I just recently upgraded mine:
20200524_120038.jpg
Where can I get a conversion harness from? I just bought a type R LED fog lights but forgot I need a harness for it to work on my 2018 SI

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where can I get a conversion harness from? I just bought a type R LED fog lights but forgot I need a harness for it to work on my 2018 SI
Unfortunately I do not have the part number, I did a little research and there are two different harnesses- one for connecting the yellow LED oem ones to an R and another for connecting LED fogs to a regular civic harness. The harness doesn't have a part number but here is a picture of it, maybe you can make your own? It's just a power/ground wire:

Honda Civic 10th gen Are these genuine stock Type R fog lights? 20190515_152728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Unfortunately I do not have the part number, I did a little research and there are two different harnesses- one for connecting the yellow LED oem ones to an R and another for connecting LED fogs to a regular civic harness. The harness doesn't have a part number but here is a picture of it, maybe you can make your own? It's just a power/ground wire:

20190515_152728.jpg
Do you think this harness on ebay will work?

https://www.ebay.com/i/292547364602...B9PBHF6OGSYbtsBIOqKLuI53jTehsQ-xoCF4wQAvD_BwE

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not entirely sure, it looks like the H11 side will connect to your harness but I don't think the other side will connect to the LED housing. I can't say for certain so you would have to take a risk ordering them and trying it. Worst case scenario, if it fits the harness but not the housing you can try to find the right connectors and just re-pin that end of the harness.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another option would be to sell the foglights and buy the OEM kit from honda w/ the harness for $180.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Not entirely sure, it looks like the H11 side will connect to your harness but I don't think the other side will connect to the LED housing. I can't say for certain so you would have to take a risk ordering them and trying it. Worst case scenario, if it fits the harness but not the housing you can try to find the right connectors and just re-pin that end of the harness.
Thank you for your help!

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes those are correct. By the way those connectors are very hard to find if next to impossible. I actually went the other way around running morimotos I looked to source the female connector without luck. You will need the male in your case. I ended up just making my out setup using taps. Not professional as I could have liked but economical. So good luck with that one. I used to be a stereo and alarm installer by the way.
Thanks man. I should be able to find them in my Chinese connections. They didn’t have the male DRL connectors 6 months ago but do now.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just picked them up but I’m not impressed with the build quality. Thought it might have a glass lens but it’s plastic. That’s normal? My stock ones have glass lenses.
Sponsored