1.5T Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems?

JJJ

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Does anyone have this exhaust? If so can you post a sound clip?
If you click on the link above they have a video of the exhaust via YouTube link embedded in the description
Sponsored

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
FYI I was informed it’s like 12-14 week order on the HKS but I said eff it after getting feedback from several US manufacturers that they won’t be making exhausts anytime soon. Will post results once it’s received and installed

JJJ

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
FYI I was informed it’s like 12-14 week order on the HKS but I said eff it after getting feedback from several US manufacturers that they won’t be making exhausts anytime soon. Will post results once it’s received and installed
I'm strongly considering the Blox exhaust .. let me know how yours turns out.. doubt I'll be making up my mind anytime soon.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm strongly considering the Blox exhaust .. let me know how yours turns out.. doubt I'll be making up my mind anytime soon.
I was going to wait until spring and then my buddy talked me into just ordering it. given a 12-14 week turn around i was like whatever that's spring anyway. they just updated me and said it's going to show up around a month and a half. I'll be posting updates for sure though.

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic lx hatchback 2017
Country flag
Did you order the exhaust from kenji garage?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you order the exhaust from kenji garage?
Yes I did. Their price was more than fair and honestly trying to figure out ordering from anyone else seemed like it'd be a nightmare.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Installed the ProDrager center conversion cat back exhaust. Total time start to finish was 3 hours, which included removing the OEM exhaust, removing the rear bumper cover and replacing the original bottom trim with a 2020 Sport Diffuser, and installing the ProDrager exhaust. No real issues encountered during the whole process. I decided to go with the Titanium tailpipe, stainless steel cat back and center pipes. Cost was $800 plus $325 express shipping. Total time from when I placed my order to when I received the exhaust was 7 days. Was kept informed daily of the build progress, received a tracking number when shipped. Shipping took 3 days. When it arrived it was nicely boxes, each individual pipe was heavily bubble wrapped. All hardware ( with extra bolts, washers, nuts, and exhaust gasket ) was included, along with a t-shirt and some decals.
Some stats:
OEM exhaust system weight: 34.5 lbs
OEM diameter size: 2"
OEM decibel levels: cold start, 62dBA, warm idle, 59.9dBA, peak sound @ 4875rpm, 70dBA

ProDrager exhaust system weight:24.6 lbs
ProDrager diameter size: 2.375"
ProDrager exhaust tips diameter: 4"
ProDrager decibel levels: cold start, 80dBA, warm idle, 71.2dBA peak sound @4875rpm, 91.7dBA

( decibel testing was done trying to replicate the new California exhaust loudness law requirements, sound meter was at exhaust height, 36" away and at a 45 degree angle from exhaust tips.Peak exhaust level was 75% of engine red line.)

Initial impression is the ProDrager exhaust is it has a quite noticeable idle, a bit of a raspy drone from 1500rpm - 2000rpm, very nice sound with a slight growl from 2200rpm - 4000rpm, getting progressively louder from 4000rpm to red line.

Some general notes about the installation, the 2020 Sport diffuser has two lower tabs that don't line up with the LX or EX non sport trim. Some simple straight brackets was made out of 1.25" x .125" aluminum strips to tie in the Sport diffuser with the LX mounting location. Might not even be required, diffuser was fairly stiff without it. I had dremeled out the rear vent garnish, without the OEM muffler, the open area seems huge looking through the vent.Exhaust tips stick out past the bumper cover by 1/2".
Will update my driving impressions after 1000 miles.

Some pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? Packaged.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? Decals.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? Shirt.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? underview.JPG

View attachment 186283

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? close up quarter view.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? IMG_1703.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? Top view.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? dissfuser mismatch.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? vent w-o muffler.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Are there ANY Non-Sport Hatchback Dual Exhaust Systems? quarter view w-diffuser.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Masters_3

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback EXT
Country flag
https://www.kenjigarage.com/16-hond...xhaust-16-honda-civic-hatchback-15t-non-sport

this is the one that I plan to order in the spring. It's a Thai model. WHY companies like HKS USA or really any of the aftermarket companies refuse to make one for the hatchback in the US is beyond me. You cannot tell me from a financial standpoint that it would cost too much to take existing parts and just have them mounted different for the hatchback. This is on top of the fact that companies like HKS specifically already make the product in another market.
I ordered this exhaust from Kenjigarage and they were very quick to let me know it would be a month and a half before I would receive the exhaust because it was from over seas. (Which is reasonable and I like the heads up) but I just got an email and refund because HKS US won’t allow it to be sold in America because it has not been test fit on a US vehicle yet. Very disappointed I was so excited to install.

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ordered this exhaust from Kenjigarage and they were very quick to let me know it would be a month and a half before I would receive the exhaust because it was from over seas. (Which is reasonable and I like the heads up) but I just got an email and refund because HKS US won’t allow it to be sold in America because it has not been test fit on a US vehicle yet. Very disappointed I was so excited to install.
I had a similar issue. I tried to order it yesterday but noticed it was not posted for sale anymore. When I emailed them to ask about it they said that HKS Thailand (where they order it from) only sells them if they have 10 orders minimum so I cant order it now apparently

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had a similar issue. I tried to order it yesterday but noticed it was not posted for sale anymore. When I emailed them to ask about it they said that HKS Thailand (where they order it from) only sells them if they have 10 orders minimum so I cant order it now apparently
I also got the same issue. I’m straight up about to just look for a new car. I'm also beyond livid with HKS usa as plenty of people want this exhaust and the only reason we're not getting it is because they're lazy. They are off my list of manufacturers that I will give money to in the future.

Last edited:

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I currently have a MY 18' EX, and, been considering of modifying the OE exhaust for slight performance and sound. However, realized just how well the rear diffuser/lip and exhaust are all covered up (as opposed to prior years). Ok, so it sounds like its really a single pipe even these cars are OE turbos? Also, since its all masked up... is this dual pipe conversion the only option? Again, non-sport model... If the rear plastic covers are removed. Are the mufflers exposed; where it won't burn the "black plastic" covering? This, also allowing any aftermarket to be possible without having to re-solder the cat-back/pipes on a NON-sport?

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I currently have a MY 18' EX, and, been considering of modifying the OE exhaust for slight performance and sound. However, realized just how well the rear diffuser/lip and exhaust are all covered up (as opposed to prior years). Ok, so it sounds like its really a single pipe even these cars are OE turbos? Also, since its all masked up... is this dual pipe conversion the only option? Again, non-sport model... If the rear plastic covers are removed. Are the mufflers exposed; where it won't burn the "black plastic" covering? This, also allowing any aftermarket to be possible without having to re-solder the cat-back/pipes on a NON-sport?
you can see how this guy did it https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-hatchback-ex-with-flowmaster-dbx.12666/ and it sticks out the bottom. seeing how the pipes are very wide out. I dont think removing the plastic cover would make much of a difference

Edit: here is another post i found were someone made cuts into their bumper for the EX https://www.civicx.com/threads/hatc...umper-cut-or-diffuser-for-dual-exhaust.40621/
Sponsored