Are there any LED lights that aren't super bright and are warmer than 6000 K. Preferably 4500 or 5000 K

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
I think LED lights would be a pretty good improvement. However I don't want to be that obnoxious driver with the super ridiculous headlights. Any advice?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
The issue typically isnā€™t the brightness of the bulb that blinds people so much as the aiming of the light housing. If you aim the headlights correctly you shouldnā€™t have any issues with people high beaming you. what you want to look for is lumens though. Thatā€™s the brightness of the bulb

OP
OP

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
Right but itā€™s also the color too I would like it a little bit warmer because in fog rain or snow the white or the light the worse the reflection is also blue lights are really obnoxious.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Right but itā€™s also the color too I would like it a little bit warmer because in fog rain or snow the white or the light the worse the reflection is also blue lights are really obnoxious.
You blinding others is the aim. Now that lights blinding YOU is a totally different thing lol, but yeah thatā€™s when the light temp comes into play. Check out morimoto

happycamper515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Country flag
Morimoto uses 5500 which is slightly warmer than 6500 which seems to be the norm. There bulbs are expensive though compared to others. I just put in the 2stroke 3.0 and I like them but I have no point of reference except the stock bulbs. I just went off of the existing reviews but it's a relatively new bulb so not much out there on these.

OP
OP

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
Morimoto uses 5500 which is slightly warmer than 6500 which seems to be the norm. There bulbs are expensive though compared to others. I just put in the 2stroke 3.0 and I like them but I have no point of reference except the stock bulbs. I just went off of the existing reviews but it's a relatively new bulb so not much out there on these.
Awesome thank you dude I will look into these

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Donā€™t do LED... they donā€™t come warmer than 6000K
For my 2016 civic LX
I have an HID kit that is way brighter than 3 LED options i tried ...

My hid is 4300K temp better visibility for dark rainy roads than 6000K

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with @chuenoona. Get HIDs if you want a warmer color temp than LEDs. You can get HIDs that practically shine yellow but that's probably too warm a color temp. You can get one at 4,000 Kelvin color temp and will look white but not bluish white like the LEDs. And frankly the HIDs typically offer better overall lighting than typical LEDs in our housings, too. But definitely calibrate the aim after you install the new bulbs.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The stupid blue headlights were the HIDs though, at the time LEDS were not even widely available. I'm not seeing that fad so much any more. Factory civic LEDs are not bluish at all, just white.
I have zero issues with blinding people, and I always 100% of the time drive with automatic high beams. They go off before the opposite driver can react and don't come on at all in high traffic.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I donā€™t have any issues with my aftermarket LEDs on my hatchback, or my factory LEDs on my Si... lights up the road perfect, I donā€™t even really need to use my high beams.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I donā€™t have any issues with my aftermarket LEDs on my hatchback, or my factory LEDs on my Si... lights up the road perfect, I donā€™t even really need to use my high beams.
Well, the need for high beams depends on the speed. In lighted urban areas you may never need them, but when driving really fast at night on an empty twisty freeway, even the high beams on some cars may be too short as the turns tend to appear kind of suddenly.....

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Well, the need for high beams depends on the speed. In lighted urban areas you may never need them, but when driving really fast at night on an empty twisty freeway, even the high beams on some cars may be too short as the turns tend to appear kind of suddenly.....
I live outside the city, and my drive home is mainly long dark roads with little to no light... my LEDs work exceptionally well. Iā€™m pretty sure quality of LEDs play a big part in that.
Sponsored