Mendoza99

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RR TYPE R
Country flag
I just picked up my 2020 CTR. I wanna get the TE37SL Diamond Black. They are the most expensive wheels I’ve ever looked at and wanna know if it’s worth the money. I’ve never owned and expensive set of wheels like that. I was also looking at the titan 7 and the rays gram lights 57DR.

If anybody is running the TE37SL please let me know if they are worth the investment. Thanks!
Sponsored

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Remember. They need hub rings too and center caps require $250 adapters for the SL. Total about 400-500 to run center caps. Then u need lug nuts too.

They also use stickers that are a pain to maintain.

For overall shape, I prefer TE37OG or Ultras.

Not a big fan of SL or SAGA but I like SL spoke and over shape over SAGAs.

BTW - TE's are the damn GOAT. I'll put them in everything. Always feel like I'm settling for less if they aren't TE's.

Don't get something else and be unhappy. They are worth the hype.

Last edited:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Can't never go wrong with TE. It's timeless and looks good with almost every car. It's also the most popular wheel for the FK8 so when it's time to sell, it retains value well and sells easily.

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was literally about to pull the trigger on a set but couldn't justify it for a Civic SI. Makes a little bit more sense on a CTR, but idk, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

I went with Enkei T6S's instead and saved $2k.

Honda Civic 10th gen Are TE37SL Worth it?? Help!! 20200611_215303

OP
OP
Mendoza99

Mendoza99

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RR TYPE R
Country flag
Remember. They need hub rings too and center caps require $250 adapters for the SL. Total about 400-500 to run center caps. Then u need lug nuts too.

They also use stickers that are a pain to maintain.

For overall shape, I prefer TE37OG or Ultras.

Not a big fan of SL or SAGA but I like SL spoke and over shape over SAGAs.

BTW - TE's are the damn GOAT. I'll put them in everything. Always feel like I'm settling for less if they aren't TE's.

Don't get something else and be unhappy. They are worth the hype.
Appreciate the advice man! Gonna look into those TE37OG! I just like the way the diamond Black looks on the RR.

OP
OP
Mendoza99

Mendoza99

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RR TYPE R
Country flag
I was literally about to pull the trigger on a set but couldn't justify it for a Civic SI. Makes a little bit more sense on a CTR, but idk, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

I went with Enkei T6S's instead and saved $2k.

20200611_215303.jpg
Guess because it’s a CTR I’m gonna have to pull the trigger lol But the Si looks good with those Enkei, can’t go wrong with them either.

Last edited:

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
TEs are the most iconic wheel ever...with that said you can't go wrong. However, depending on your preference you may get bored with them. It also depends on where you live too. West coast is TE kingdom. I dont like have things that too many people own, which was one of the reasons I sold my TEs. I liked them but I wanted something a little different. I was also about to get the Varis 2 arising kit then noticed @Z06Chris beat me to the punch lol. If my car was a different color then I'd feel more comfortable. I can't wait until I see his car in person when it all comes together. I also want to give people something different to look at... with that, I say if you want them get them, but if you ever get bored with them, they are a lot harder to move due to most people not appreciating the wheel or feeling they are overpriced, then you will be stuck with 4k worth of wheels you want to sell but may take a bit longer.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For me, the TE37 is my favorite wheel. I have em on both of my cars. You can't go wrong with the classic 6 spoke design, being lightweight, and forged.

I personally think they are worth it for the price, it's really up to you if you think they are worth it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Are TE37SL Worth it?? Help!! IMG_20200511_140331

Honda Civic 10th gen Are TE37SL Worth it?? Help!! IMG_20200501_130631

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
TEs are the most iconic wheel ever...with that said you can't go wrong. However, depending on your preference you may get bored with them. It also depends on where you live too. West coast is TE kingdom. I dont like have things that too many people own, which was one of the reasons I sold my TEs. I liked them but I wanted something a little different. I was also about to get the Varis 2 arising kit then noticed @Z06Chris beat me to the punch lol. If my car was a different color then I'd feel more comfortable. I can't wait until I see his car in person when it all comes together. I also want to give people something different to look at... with that, I say if you want them get them, but if you ever get bored with them, they are a lot harder to move due to most people not appreciating the wheel or feeling they are overpriced, then you will be stuck with 4k worth of wheels you want to sell but may take a bit longer.
I'm in Atlanta. People here don't know what TE's are and they definitely don't know varis lol. I do it for myself and the love of Japanese craftsmanship put into their parts. I can see how it can get played out in Cali, but at the end of the day I just love the wheels and don't really care if people like my wheels.

OP
OP
Mendoza99

Mendoza99

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RR TYPE R
Country flag
For me, the TE37 is my favorite wheel. I have em on both of my cars. You can't go wrong with the classic 6 spoke design, being lightweight, and forged.

I personally think they are worth it for the price, it's really up to you if you think they are worth it.

IMG_20200511_140331.jpg

IMG_20200501_130631.jpg
They look great on both cars man!

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I will tell you that I rather hurt my wallet one time vs multiple times :D

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
This is just my artistic mind at play where I’m constantly looking for ways to be motivated by other artists, but being different adding my own style. It’s harder with cars because we can only build with what’s available too us unless you got the cash to custom everything Lol
I say get what resonates with you. If you get TEs you can’t go wrong, also check the classified section
At one point there were a lot of TEs for sale and a few had tires and caps as well. Most don’t like to ship because of high cost

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I personally prefer Advan GT, but the diamond black finish is really premium. I couldn't bring myself to pay nearly 2x the price of Titans, so I went that way instead.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Yes, worth the investment like when you chose Type R over Si :cool:

Honda Civic 10th gen Are TE37SL Worth it?? Help!! 95PF1LZ
Sponsored