Are new sway bar links needed with coilovers?

kcvpr

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Ideally, to properly adjust coilovers, you’d need to corner balance the car. This might not have the perch settings exactly the same left and right and the swaybar may be preloaded. You’d need adjustable swaybar links to get the preload out. Long story short, if the ride height can be independently adjusted, then so should the swaybar links.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a set of the HKS Hipermax GT IV and still use the factory links with no issues. I'd say you don't "need" aftermarket links, unless you wanted to upgrade further by using them.

OP
OP

kcvpr

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a set of the HKS Hipermax GT IV and still use the factory links with no issues. I'd say you don't "need" aftermarket links, unless you wanted to upgrade further by using them.
How do you like them?

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
How do you like them?
I like them a lot, all quality construction, ride seems similar to my buddy's SI on "sport" suspension setting. No creaks or pops that a lot of the other aftermarket suspensions seem to get. The suspension shop that installed them was able to still get negative camber at the back after dropping the height 1.5" without the need for a rear camber kit. Only negative I would say about them is I really need to upgrade my seat to take full advantage of how hard the car can now be thrown in a curve.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like them a lot, all quality construction, ride seems similar to my buddy's SI on "sport" suspension setting. No creaks or pops that a lot of the other aftermarket suspensions seem to get. The suspension shop that installed them was able to still get negative camber at the back after dropping the height 1.5" without the need for a rear camber kit. Only negative I would say about them is I really need to upgrade my seat to take full advantage of how hard the car can now be thrown in a curve.
i have the hks hipermax also on my Si and used both stock and now whiteline endlinks just fine.

the biggest con of hks hipermax is the lack of camber plates. to add camber plates its almost $400 from an hks dealer. i ended up getting the spc adjustable ball joints instead for more adjustment up front.
Sponsored