Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
Does anyone find it odd that aftermarket does not offer a 19" 60offset rim?
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
We're one of the few cars set up like this so the market just isn't there unfortunately.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
It exists, but it's typically going to be a custom cut wheel. Some rims offer the ability to select offset and width from the factory. They're a lot more expensive due to the custom-ness of it all though and typically not worth it. That said, @NapalmEnema is absolutely correct, there really isn't a market for such a wheel since very few cars would use it, so a manufacturer wouldn't create it. The best you can get right now is a +53 offset using the Motegi 19" rims that have become popular.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
It exists, but it's typically going to be a custom cut wheel. Some rims offer the ability to select offset and width from the factory. They're a lot more expensive due to the custom-ness of it all though and typically not worth it. That said, @NapalmEnema is absolutely correct, there really isn't a market for such a wheel since very few cars would use it, so a manufacturer wouldn't create it. The best you can get right now is a +53 offset using the Motegi 19" rims that have become popular.
There are actually a few options with +55 or +60 offset I mentioned on page 2, but since they are OEM to some car, you might not consider them "aftermarket".

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
There are actually a few options with +55 or +60 offset I mentioned on page 2, but since they are OEM to some car, you might not consider them "aftermarket".
Front wheels off an NSX the most attractive 19" to me presently that matches our needs as close as possible without going forged.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Front wheels off an NSX the most attractive 19" to me presently that matches our needs as close as possible without going forged.
The NSX wheels are forged, so you get the best of all worlds there. But do agree, they look awesome, and I like they are semi OEM being from Honda still.

OP
OP

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
The NSX wheels are forged, so you get the best of all worlds there. But do agree, they look awesome, and I like they are semi OEM being from Honda still.
where is the link where you can b uy these for under 700 each? Might be better though to just get motegi lol i see the 19" rims are only like 1lb more than forged . Its a drop in the bucket to just replace the rim too.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
where is the link where you can b uy these for under 700 each? Might be better though to just get motegi lol i see the 19" rims are only like 1lb more than forged . Its a drop in the bucket to just replace the rim too.
In my previous post you'll see it's almost 3lbs per wheel which is a HUGE amount if used in a performance application. That said I do mention the motegi's are great if you want a budget option, but are ONLY better than the NSX wheels due to price (or design if you like their style better) Pretty much any of the acura parts sites have them listed around 600.

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
Ii have a set of OZ Ultraleggera HLT, 19x8.5 +53. pretty damn close to stock. Luckily bought the whole set with AS3+ tires (5k miles) from a member on here for $1250. they run about $500 ea. for the wheel alone new. pimp status.

The guy also threw in a Perrin 500g shift knob and a PCV catch can since i didnt try to bet him up on price or haggle. sweet deal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Are forged rims really worth it ??> oz

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ii have a set of OZ Ultraleggera HLT, 19x8.5 +53. pretty damn close to stock. Luckily bought the whole set with AS3+ tires (5k miles) from a member on here for $1250. they run about $500 ea. for the wheel alone new. pimp status.

The guy also threw in a Perrin 500g shift knob and a PCV catch can since i didnt try to bet him up on price or haggle. sweet deal.

oz.jpeg
These are solid wheels, but are flow cast not forged, which is what he was asking for.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
As someone who autocrosses, the Titan 7's are not an option for me, so I went with the NSX wheels and have loved them. That said if I were to buy a 4th set of wheels for DDing it would be the 18" Titan 7's.
Could you elaborate why Titan 7 is not an option for autocross? I am considering about getting Titan 7 wheels and also planning to do some casual track days in the future.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Could you elaborate why Titan 7 is not an option for autocross? I am considering about getting Titan 7 wheels and also planning to do some casual track days in the future.
I believe there are some series with rules stating that rim diameter must remain within 1" of OEM.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SCCA is the most common governing body, and require identical width, only 1" chance from stock diameter, and only 7mm change from stock offset to remain in stock class. Because of that you can't run any Titan 7 because of the 45mm offset.

That said, if you autocross with a different org or want to do serious modding to be in a different class, check the rules of the org and you might be good.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
SCCA is the most common governing body, and require identical width, only 1" chance from stock diameter, and only 7mm change from stock offset to remain in stock class. Because of that you can't run any Titan 7 because of the 45mm offset.

That said, if you autocross with a different org or want to do serious modding to be in a different class, check the rules of the org and you might be good.
Thanks. I guess I will have to keep this in mind for the future.
Sponsored