Are camber arms a must if you run lowering springs?

sonic FK7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I really want to lower my car with either eibach pro or sport springs. I’ve been doing research online but the jury seems to be out on whether you absolutely need camber arms or not. From what I gather you will get negative camber no matter what but you don’t really need camber arms to correct it you can just run it with the negative camber as long as you get an alignment to fix the toe specs. Is this true? Does anyone here run eibachs without camber arms and if so how is it?
Sponsored

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Toe wears out tires much faster than camber. You don’t need them especially if you’re only dropped on Eibachs.

OP
OP

sonic FK7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Toe wears out tires much faster than camber. You don’t need them especially if you’re only dropped on Eibachs.
Even if I’m dropping on eibach sports? I still wouldn’t need them?

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can live with more camber in the rear than the front, you don't need the camber arms.

For the rears, you'll have roughly 1.5 degrees of negative on the pro kit or 2+ degrees on the sport line springs.
The fronts will somewhere between 0.5-1 degrees of camber.

I installed the pro kit on my car. I couldn't stand having more camber in the rear so I put on the camber arms the following weekend dialed it in to - 1 all around.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If you rotate your tires more often (I do them every oil change) then you should be fine. I have eibach sportlines. Here’s some photo samples where you could sorta see the rear camber

Honda Civic 10th gen Are camber arms a must if you run lowering springs? DCB132AE-4EB2-434C-888D-BD8067398AAB

Honda Civic 10th gen Are camber arms a must if you run lowering springs? B74F570A-8B6F-472C-B8FC-A6CA82EA8666

Honda Civic 10th gen Are camber arms a must if you run lowering springs? 4A49318E-650B-4834-B18D-85F400363036

Honda Civic 10th gen Are camber arms a must if you run lowering springs? 29769C52-6896-4024-908D-A26A5C37E086

OP
OP

sonic FK7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If you can live with more camber in the rear than the front, you don't need the camber arms.

For the rears, you'll have roughly 1.5 degrees of negative on the pro kit or 2+ degrees on the sport line springs.
The fronts will somewhere between 0.5-1 degrees of camber.

I installed the pro kit on my car. I couldn't stand having more camber in the rear so I put on the camber arms the following weekend dialed it in to - 1 all around.
So it’s really only going to affect aesthetics?

OP
OP

sonic FK7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If you rotate your tires more often (I do them every oil change) then you should be fine. I have eibach sportlines. Here’s some photo samples where you could sorta see the rear camber

DCB132AE-4EB2-434C-888D-BD8067398AAB.jpeg

B74F570A-8B6F-472C-B8FC-A6CA82EA8666.jpeg

4A49318E-650B-4834-B18D-85F400363036.jpeg

29769C52-6896-4024-908D-A26A5C37E086.jpeg
You haven’t run into any issues with tire wear or anything like that?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You haven’t run into any issues with tire wear or anything like that?
When you rotate the tires often it all evens out, if you leave them and wait till you get the maintenance code on the dash, which is also fine but camber does wear tires out faster than no camber. Ive had it for 8k miles now, with 1 tire rotation at around 5,500 in and so far i see no issues. A little camber is good for spirited driving on curvy roads anyways ??‍♂

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it’s really only going to affect aesthetics?
Camber does decrease tire life. If tires normally last you five years, you might get 4 years @ -1 or 3 years @ -2 with regular tire rotations. I still have my factory tires from March 2018 and I'm down to 60% on the inside and 80% on the outside.

Camber also increases lateral grip (beyond - 3 is useless) , but you don't want more rear grip in a FWD car as that leads to more understeer. That doesn't matter on a gently driven daily, but it does at autocross.

For all those reasons, I dialed back the rear camber.

OP
OP

sonic FK7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Camber does decrease tire life. If tires normally last you five years, you might get 4 years @ -1 or 3 years @ -2 with regular tire rotations. I still have my factory tires from March 2018 and I'm down to 60% on the inside and 80% on the outside.

Camber also increases lateral grip (beyond - 3 is useless) , but you don't want more rear grip in a FWD car as that leads to more understeer. That doesn't matter on a gently driven daily, but it does at autocross.

For all those reasons, I dialed back the rear camber.
So camber arms aren’t a must but it sounds like over time the value will outweigh the costs. Is that about right?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So camber arms aren’t a must but it sounds like over time the value will outweigh the costs. Is that about right?
If you care about overall cost get camber arms, basically lol. I use summer tires and they don’t last as long as all seasons to begin with so either way I’m replacing more frequently. I have 10k on my Indy 500’s so far. Kinda hope they would die already I want some PS4S ?

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I really want to lower my car with either eibach pro or sport springs. I’ve been doing research online but the jury seems to be out on whether you absolutely need camber arms or not. From what I gather you will get negative camber no matter what but you don’t really need camber arms to correct it you can just run it with the negative camber as long as you get an alignment to fix the toe specs. Is this true? Does anyone here run eibachs without camber arms and if so how is it?
With Eibach no it's a waste of money

jimmyn35

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
it would be a waste because they’re not needed? i’m looking into eibach springs for my sport touring hatch and ive heard that the prokits don’t need camber arms but i’ve heard mixed replies on camber arms for the sportlines
Sponsored