are any of these settings available - how?

TwoWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan, 2007 VW EOS
Coming from A VW with VCDS software, those vehicles are very configurable and customizeable with the right tools. I'm having trouble with the apparently locked-down nature of the SI. Specifically:

a) if I'm, on a call and stop, as soon as I stop the engine the audio and Bluetooth shut down. most other cars leave this on till you open a door. is there a way to change this?
b) the windows roll down from the fob but not up. please don't hijaack this thread asking how to do this. But I want to roll up from the fob too. other civics do this but not the US SI. The VW didn't either, until I enabled it with VCDS - Can we do this on the SI? How?
c) brake hold is nice, but how to have it default to on instead of off each time I start the car? Is there a setting for this?
d) Longshot, but it would be nice if the heated seat settings were remembered.

Is there a list of hidden settings OTHER THAN THE HIDDEN DISPLAY AUDIO MENUS?

Thanks!

Dave
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
b, c, d, there is not.

I went from a Civic to a VW and you're right - the amount of customization is unworldly.

For a), you can press the start/stop with one hand while not having released the shift-lock button, and the car will go into ACC mode instead of completely off. It's more of a glitch then a customization, but it does what you describe.

Actually, I just re-read and realize you're in a manual. I'll keep it there to see if you can figure out a similar trick.

OP
OP

TwoWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan, 2007 VW EOS
b, c, d, there is not.

I went from a Civic to a VW and you're right - the amount of customization is unworldly.

For a), you can press the start/stop with one hand while not having released the shift-lock button, and the car will go into ACC mode instead of completely off. It's more of a glitch then a customization, but it does what you describe.

Actually, I just re-read and realize you're in a manual. I'll keep it there to see if you can figure out a similar trick.
I have a terrible work-around - stall it by dumping the clutch while in gear. Surely there must be a better solution!

I'm not ready to accept defeat on B-D yet. I'm hoping there is a least one honda tech on this site who can look at the serviceexpress info.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I have a terrible work-around - stall it by dumping the clutch while in gear. Surely there must be a better solution!

I'm not ready to accept defeat on B-D yet. I'm hoping there is a least one honda tech on this site who can look at the serviceexpress info.
The biggest difference between VW and Honda is that for VW, the computer/settings/coding are all present for all models, and it's merely switches and values. VCDS settings for the Atlas work on the Tiguan, which works on the Golf, which sometimes work for Audis, etc.

With Honda, afaik, each model has its own system and modules, and it's just inherently differently built than VW. And it's far better locked down than VW, with a much smaller community working on it.

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
I wish there was some way to access the software side of things as well. I would like the remote engine start for my car in Summer. For some reason we don't get it in Australia. It's not a legal / liability issue because my wife's last two cars (not Hondas) have had it.

We do however have the option to wind the windows up AND down from the fob. Press and hold unlock to wind them down - press and hold lock to wind them back up.
Sponsored