Are all sunshades created equal?

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I bought this "HeatShield" shade from Amazon. They're custom fit to the car, and they roll up with a velcro tie.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018WOYN3A
I've been a HeatShield customer since I bought my first one from the dealer for my 1994 Accord. Never owned another brand to compare. I can vouch for the high quality. It will last at least 7-8 years with daily use. It's custom sized, and fits tightly (2 different designs depending on Sensing unit).

As others noted, it rolls up. I've used this product so long, I don't think it's hard to do and can roll it up in a few seconds (it's all in the wrist, eh?). It is more cumbersome if you have a passenger in the front seat.
Sponsored

gav007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I was initially going to buy the HeatShield, but they quoted me shipping charges that was way more than the product. Therefore, I ended up getting the Intro-Tech 91A sunshade and I'm glad that I did. The Intro-Tech 91A sunshade is well-made and fits perfectly.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the cheapest sunshade on earth, but that fact doesn't prevent it from shading the sun, which actually does well except loosing 1-2 seconds more to fit it. They also gave me in the package some mesh shades for the back and side windows, I use them when sun is super hot as i don't have tint on my windows. Mine is the only manual car and the only one without tint in the whole compound. Super hot and crazy traffic here, but I am different!

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I was initially going to buy the HeatShield, but they quoted me shipping charges that was way more than the product.
Yeah, S&H directly from HeatShield is crazy expensive. (It appears they are focused more on channel sales than individual sales; but just my guess.)
You can get them on Amazon for about $45 (w/ S&H), and many Honda dealers also stock it (bought my first 3 at a dealer).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my Covercraft sun shade and it's definitely a quality product. I made the mistake of ordering a ProZ sun shade (CoverCraft knock off) from AutoAnything and it's flimsy crap by comparison. The only good thing is the ProZ came with a carrying bag and it fits the Covercraft. Not a total waste I guess. ;)
Sponsored