Are 2016 sedan exterior dimensions available?

dogwalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX
I need to know the exterior length and width specifications for the 2016 sedan. I haven't seen them published anywhere.
Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Actual dimensions haven't been released yet for the sedan. First drive reviews are coming out soon so we might see all the technical specs published at the same time.

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
You can make a pretty good guess at it. Width is said to be 2 inches wider than the current one. Length is more unknown and everyone has been guessing it increased 1-2 inches. We know the wheelbase is 1 inch longer but they also shortened the front overhang so still remains to be seen what the overall difference is.

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I need to know the exterior length and width specifications for the 2016 sedan. I haven't seen them published anywhere.
Don't we all. :)

On that note, assuming the sedan gains almost 2" in length I'm wondering if this would be a deal breaker for anyone here? What if the coupe grows by that much? I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

OP
OP

dogwalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX
I have to back into my driveway and then make a sharp turn to get into my parking space. There's a house on one side and a fence on the other. My 2006 Civic just makes it. I'm putting together a list of alternate new cars if the new Civic is too big. I may wind up with a Smart Car.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I have to back into my driveway and then make a sharp turn to get into my parking space. There's a house on one side and a fence on the other. My 2006 Civic just makes it. I'm putting together a list of alternate new cars if the new Civic is too big. I may wind up with a Smart Car.
Here's my best guess for the 2016 Civic:
width: c. 71 inches
length: c. 181 inches

The 2006 Civic Sedan has the following measurements:
width: 69
length: 177

And so if you just barely make it with your 2006 Civic, it sounds like it might be too tight of a squeeze with the 2016.

The so-called Smart Car, however, is tiny:
width: 62
Length: 106

That will definitely fit!

But what about a Honda Fit?
width: 67
length: 160

That's a substantially smaller footprint than your 2006 Civic.

Or, what about a 2016 Honda HR-V?:
width: 70
length: 169

The HR-V is, of course, a lot taller, with a height of 63 inches, compared to about 55 inches for the 2016 Civic.

Last edited:

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Yea no way you are fitting the 2016 if your 2006 just barely fits. Time to buy a new house? :)

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Here's my best guess for the 2016 Civic:
width: c. 71 inches
length: c. 181 inches
That's a 3 inch gain in length over the current one. Really hope it's not that much. That'd be the biggest size increase since the switch from the 4th to the 5th gen when it gained over 6 inches.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
That's a 3 inch gain in length over the current one. Really hope it's not that much. That'd be the biggest size increase since the switch from the 4th to the 5th gen when it gained over 6 inches.
The 2015 Civic Sedan is 179.4 inches in length. And so I'm guessing an increase of about an inch and a half.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
The spokesman at the Detroit reveal said the specs would follow in two weeks and sales begin shortly thereafter. It's been 3 weeks now. Where are the specs?

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
I'm assuming at this point they will just wait until the press embargo is up and let them release that info? Otherwise next spot might be SEMA in early Nov.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
The 2015 Civic Sedan is 179.4 inches in length. And so I'm guessing an increase of about an inch and a half.
Oops my mistake.

1-1.5 inches longer seems to be the trend for each new gen for the last few generations so your guesstimate is probably pretty accurate.
Sponsored