Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
The only thing that's new for me is the carplay apps aren't working right since updating to iOS12 on my 6s.

The car now makes this weird noise over the speakers when it starts up and typically does nothing until I go into the phone and manually start the app. It worked fine before.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Supports A- map too, so finally there is a reliable and updated navigation system for China on car play!

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing that's new for me is the carplay apps aren't working right since updating to iOS12 on my 6s.

The car now makes this weird noise over the speakers when it starts up and typically does nothing until I go into the phone and manually start the app. It worked fine before.
I would try deleting your Honda from your apple CarPlay and making sure you have all the apps updated on your phone. Also try and restart your head unit. Then add your Honda to CarPlay again and reconnect to your car to start fresh.

A simple fresh reboot and restart works for me. It’s worth a shot right?:dunno:

And I too have been having fun using google maps and waze on the head unit. It works well on the touch screen.

There is a speed trap with two or three police vehicles hidden oh so sneakily on my road, been setup for the past week now...I thoroughly enjoy marking those pigs on waze everyday :thumbsup::rolleyes::D:p

OP
OP
IndyMark007

IndyMark007

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Waze question - I have noticed that if I don't enter a destination and just leave the map open, that it doesn't alert me for things like police, potholes, car on shoulder, etc. I still have the ability create reports to add them, but they don't pop-up for me unless I'm using the route guidance. I'm not sure if this is something I can change in the app settings of it it's a limitation of CarPlay. Any ideas?
Sponsored