Apple carplay, texting issue?

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
Starting today, whenever I try to send a text to someone via carplay Siri just says "sorry John, something's wrong, can you please try again?" And of course it goes on like this forever.. I noticed it was a non-issue in a group text, but for individuals it doesn't work. I tried rebooting the unit, my phone.. my car. And I have the latest iOS. Anybody else dealing with this??
Sponsored

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
That was happening to me yesterday around 7 pm EST. Haven't tried it since though.

I have an iPhone 6S+ running iOS 9.3.1.

Starting today, whenever I try to send a text to someone via carplay Siri just says "sorry John, something's wrong, can you please try again?" And of course it goes on like this forever.. I noticed it was a non-issue in a group text, but for individuals it doesn't work. I tried rebooting the unit, my phone.. my car. And I have the latest iOS. Anybody else dealing with this??

OP
OP
johndubu

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
yep, got the 6s iOS 9.3.1. Maybe its the update... Headed to the dealer tomorrow anyway, so I'll see if they know. I love carplay, but sometimes it just drives me nuts :doh:

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I get worried about the compatibility of phones over time with car's technology. The automaker typically flat out claims that they have no obligation to provide 'updates' and its 'as is'.

This is problematic to me. I had an iPhone 5S and the bluetooth worked perfectly. When I upgraded to a 6S, the car literally could not hold a connection on the phone through bluetooth. My calls would drop out and revert back to the phone itself - no matter what settings I changed or did, nothing fixed it. Streaming music was never an issue - only calls.

Honda's advice was "deal with it".

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Sometimes it's the phone. The 6 and 6s has numerous Bluetooth complaints on the apple forum. No issues with my 6s.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sometimes it's the phone. The 6 and 6s has numerous Bluetooth complaints on the apple forum. No issues with my 6s.
Yup. The plus in specific for both the 6s and 6 are commonly referred to as fuck ups that apple ignores.

OP
OP
johndubu

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
hm, so after not working the entire weekend, it's back to normal today. for now. I didn't change a thing. Really hoping Honda (or more likely Apple) are good about updates and don't expect us to just "deal with it."

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Read the forums to set your expectations accordingly.
Sponsored