Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I like the nav features of Apple Carplay in this 10th gen, and I miss having an aux in like my Gen 8 and 9 civic did.
I thought an EX-T should have a sat radio option, but mine doesn't - so I purchased a car cradle/dock and use the FM modulator in the cradle to transmit to the tuner - it is staticky, regardless of what FM freq I set the modulator to transmit on I'd like something better but not less convenient.
My cradle is powered by fuse slot #1 which goes hot when I start the car and de-energizes when I shut it off (so my cradle powers up and powers down without my intervention). I see there is a signal injector available from Siruis/XM, but it requires the sat radio to be powered up to use and negates any additional FM until you power it down.

My next idea is a Bluetooth transmitter - can I "Carplay" from one device and Bluetooth from another? (It looks like I may not be able to).
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
You may be able to get it to work for a short time. But it should default to Carplay as designed. On AA, I could stream BT while running maps so I could keep full audio control (AA limits audio adjustments). But eventually it would default to the AA audio source once a nav voice (or other audio prompt) would come up.

Homer2556

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Touring sedan (mine), '12 Ody Touring Elite (the wife's)
Country flag
Why not just use the SXM app through CarPlay?

OP
OP

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Why not just use the SXM app through CarPlay?
I want the sat radio for the times when I’m traveling through northern Manitoba where there are hundreds of kilometres without cellular coverage.

Homer2556

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Touring sedan (mine), '12 Ody Touring Elite (the wife's)
Country flag
Didn’t think about that. Living in the southern US, it’s rare to be on a major highway or interstate and not have cell service.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You cannot have a Bluetooth device running with apple car play. With android auto you can use a separate audio source (besides Bluetooth) while still using it. I'd imagine its the same for car play but I can't test it.
Sponsored