jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Ever since updating to iOS 11.4 pretty much ALL of my carplay issues have stopped. Earlier I had to disconnect/reconnect multiple times to get it to work, but now it's instant. 11.4 working good for you guys too?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy S9 (had to buy a new cable, too), and I still get the No device connected... message occasionally when starting my car while the phone is already connected. And I have zero songs on either phone. I have not updated my HU.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Since the 11.4 update, I cannot get CarPlay to work on my iPhoneX. It shows that it is charging. Replaced the cable too.
After 45 minutes to turning the car on and off, turning the phone on and off, I give up.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Since the 11.4 update, I cannot get CarPlay to work on my iPhoneX. It shows that it is charging. Replaced the cable too.
After 45 minutes to turning the car on and off, turning the phone on and off, I give up.
try going to settings, general, carplay

and try deleting the car there.
Then when you plug it in hopefully it recognizes it

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
oh, and restart your phone in between for good measure

Robhig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord
I have a 2016 Honda Accord. I see people posting about the “ No device connected” error. I have a new iPhone XS Max running 12.1.2 and I get that error as well. How do you update the software in the audio system? Is there a way to do that?

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a 2016 Honda Accord. I see people posting about the “ No device connected” error. I have a new iPhone XS Max running 12.1.2 and I get that error as well. How do you update the software in the audio system? Is there a way to do that?
Assuming there is one for your vehicle - you need to take a trip to the dealership as they are the only one who can do it.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Bump

After months of relatively good luck avoid the "No Device Connected" message when using CarPlay, the message has reared its ugly head for me once again.

Coincidentally, it started happening again after I discovered, mysteriously, that my iCloud Music Library was disabled. As soon as I reenabled it, the message has been occurring frequently again.

Very frustrating since prior to it inexplicably getting disabled - CarPlay had been working great for me. And this was with an Amazon cable too. In hopes there was some truth to the rumor that only an Apple cable truly works I switched to one of those and it did not affect the behavior at all.

I have not really not done any other troubleshooting at this point. I suppose I can delete the CarPlay configuration (for like the 367th time) and some of the other stuff you all have suggested in the past but I am skeptical as I have gone down this road many times before in the iOS 10 and iOS 11 days with no luck.

Or...I could just switch from Apple Music to Spotify.

And just to confirm, F190.25 is the latest version of the headunit firmware for a 2016 Touring.

I have mentioned this to the dealer before but with about 6000 miles left on my warranty I better do it one more time just to make sure it is on record.

Grrrrrrrr!

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Bump

After months of relatively good luck avoid the "No Device Connected" message when using CarPlay, the message has reared its ugly head for me once again.

Coincidentally, it started happening again after I discovered, mysteriously, that my iCloud Music Library was disabled. As soon as I reenabled it, the message has been occurring frequently again.

Very frustrating since prior to it inexplicably getting disabled - CarPlay had been working great for me. And this was with an Amazon cable too. In hopes there was some truth to the rumor that only an Apple cable truly works I switched to one of those and it did not affect the behavior at all.

I have not really not done any other troubleshooting at this point. I suppose I can delete the CarPlay configuration (for like the 367th time) and some of the other stuff you all have suggested in the past but I am skeptical as I have gone down this road many times before in the iOS 10 and iOS 11 days with no luck.

Or...I could just switch from Apple Music to Spotify.

And just to confirm, F190.25 is the latest version of the headunit firmware for a 2016 Touring.

I have mentioned this to the dealer before but with about 6000 miles left on my warranty I better do it one more time just to make sure it is on record.

Grrrrrrrr!
Turning off I cloud music library has been mentioned as a fix for the issue.

My guess is that the headunit has a set time it waits for the device to respond.
If you have a large iCloud library, as I do, it takes time to load that metadata and pushes it pass the time out.
Probably not a fix for it other than turning it back off.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Turning off I cloud music library has been mentioned as a fix for the issue.

My guess is that the headunit has a set time it waits for the device to respond.
If you have a large iCloud library, as I do, it takes time to load that metadata and pushes it pass the time out.
Probably not a fix for it other than turning it back off.
Yeah...I know from previous troubleshooting that disabling iCloud Music Library fixes things. But obviously not a great option.

And prior to it getting accidentally disabled it was working great with only an occasional "No Device Connected" message appearing. Now, since I have re-enabled it (and done nothing else), I get the message a couple of times a day. Usually if I unplug my iPhone X and replug it back it it is usually OK after that. So while I also agree it has something to do with loading "something", it seems weird that it works the second time (most of the time.)

This time around I have not been able to establish a solid reproducible pattern. In the iOS 10 and iOS 11 days it was pretty much 2 minutes after I plugged my iPhone in. Now it seems more random. And sometimes it does not do it at all.

I'll try some more stuff and see if I can narrow things down more.

Frixos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI Cooper R56, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I have 12.2, and I've noticed that mine connects just fine, but after an hour or 2, the screen freezes and my phone gets disconnected. So I have to remove the cable from the phone and put it back in to reconnect it. Not a major thing, but it's still annoying. I have F190.25 software

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Update to my love/hate relationship with CarPlay in my 2016 Civic Touring. There are other threads here that go into all the gory details of the CarPlay saga that started with iOS 10.

FINALLY, got Honda to sit up and take notice. After mentioning the CarPlay issues I have had from Day 1 every time I brought my car in for service, I got my local dealer to replace my entire headunit and update it to the latest firmware (which for whatever reason my original radio would not take.)

That was two weeks ago...

Since then I have not had one issue with CarPlay which I am pretty sure is a record.

Hoping I did not just jinx myself

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Update to my love/hate relationship with CarPlay in my 2016 Civic Touring. There are other threads here that go into all the gory details of the CarPlay saga that started with iOS 10.

FINALLY, got Honda to sit up and take notice. After mentioning the CarPlay issues I have had from Day 1 every time I brought my car in for service, I got my local dealer to replace my entire headunit and update it to the latest firmware (which for whatever reason my original radio would not take.)

That was two weeks ago...

Since then I have not had one issue with CarPlay which I am pretty sure is a record.

Hoping I did not just jinx myself
What firmware is that, just for the record?
And they replaced it out of warranty?

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
What firmware is that, just for the record?
And they replaced it out of warranty?
I have Ver.1.F197.00 now - up from Ver.1.F190.25

And yes, they did replace it out of warranty (although it was barely out of warranty not that that matters I know)

I have been complaining to the dealer about my CarPlay compatibility since I took delivery of my 2016 Touring so there was a lot of documentation of all I have reported. They said they did it out of courtesy because of all the problems I have been having.

Truth be told they should have done all this while it was still under warranty. Not totally sure why it took so long - other than I am sure they did not really want to replace the head unit unnecessarily.

But since the dealer claims that the software updates are "free" and that my original radio would not take the F197 update for whatever reason, they were kind of stuck in what they could do - although I guess they could have charged me for a new head unit for sure.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I have Ver.1.F197.00 now - up from Ver.1.F190.25

And yes, they did replace it out of warranty (although it was barely out of warranty not that that matters I know)

I have been complaining to the dealer about my CarPlay compatibility since I took delivery of my 2016 Touring so there was a lot of documentation of all I have reported. They said they did it out of courtesy because of all the problems I have been having.

Truth be told they should have done all this while it was still under warranty. Not totally sure why it took so long - other than I am sure they did not really want to replace the head unit unnecessarily.

But since the dealer claims that the software updates are "free" and that my original radio would not take the F197 update for whatever reason, they were kind of stuck in what they could do - although I guess they could have charged me for a new head unit for sure.
It’s great that they replaced your unit.
I doubt I could convince any of the dealers in my area to do that.

with the firmware they gave you, it’s not for the 2016. That’s the version people had been installing but having issues with android audio with after. Do you have an android device to test? I wonder if they gave you a 2017 system.
Sponsored