First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up my 2020 Civic SI in January of this year. When I took it home from the dealership i immediately plugged in my phone using the usb cord, Apple CarPlay came up and worked for all of about 5 seconds before freezing and crashing my whole head unit. I thought maybe it was a one time thing so I shut my car off and tried again, again connected and crashed within a couple of swipes of the screen. I took it back to the dealership I bought it from (Autonation Honda) and they took a look at it/ tried connecting their phones and all of their phones worked flawlessly. So next we tried my phone on a 2018 Accord, to my surprise it worked flawlessly so we tried my car again... no luck crashed again. I tried my phone on a 2020 Odyssy and again worked flawlessly so we were all very confused. I tried my phone on a 2017 honda civic and it ended up crashing so it looked like it was my phone and the honda civic head unit, so i took my phone to verizon and they suggested I try factory resetting my phone (after backing it up) so I did and I set up my phone without inputting my Apple ID as suggested, and to my avail it worked flawlessly on my SI. I reset it again using my Apple ID this time and plugged it in and boom crashes after about 10 seconds...:(

At this point we have come to the conclusion that it is my Apple ID and the Civic head unit that are not compatible which sucks because if i reset my phone without my apple ID I lose all my info i have on my phone.

Has this happened to anyone else??? If so what did you do to fix it?? Also any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up my 2020 Civic SI in January of this year. When I took it home from the dealership i immediately plugged in my phone using the usb cord, Apple CarPlay came up and worked for all of about 5 seconds before freezing and crashing my whole head unit. I thought maybe it was a one time thing so I shut my car off and tried again, again connected and crashed within a couple of swipes of the screen. I took it back to the dealership I bought it from (Autonation Honda) and they took a look at it/ tried connecting their phones and all of their phones worked flawlessly. So next we tried my phone on a 2018 Accord, to my surprise it worked flawlessly so we tried my car again... no luck crashed again. I tried my phone on a 2020 Odyssy and again worked flawlessly so we were all very confused. I tried my phone on a 2017 honda civic and it ended up crashing so it looked like it was my phone and the honda civic head unit, so i took my phone to verizon and they suggested I try factory resetting my phone (after backing it up) so I did and I set up my phone without inputting my Apple ID as suggested, and to my avail it worked flawlessly on my SI. I reset it again using my Apple ID this time and plugged it in and boom crashes after about 10 seconds...:(

At this point we have come to the conclusion that it is my Apple ID and the Civic head unit that are not compatible which sucks because if i reset my phone without my apple ID I lose all my info i have on my phone.

Has this happened to anyone else??? If so what did you do to fix it?? Also any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Have you tried resetting your settings ?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
go to the dealer

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Yes i've done multiple factory resets on both my head unit and my phone
1. No not a factory reset just the actual settings, reset the settings (see photo). When you do a factory reset and pull from a back up nothing changes you will still be having the same issue because the issue is saved into the back up, you basically just re-downloading it back onto the phone.

But seeing how this is an issue as soon as you sign into your Apple ID it might be an issue on apples end. I would download the Apple support app and speak to an advisor

Honda Civic 10th gen Apple CarPlay issues 821C91AE-88C5-47D2-A96B-AA120A6B72EA

OP
OP
swampm0nsta

swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
1. No not a factory reset just the actual settings, reset the settings (see photo). When you do a factory reset and pull from a back up nothing changes you will still be having the same issue because the issue is saved into the back up, you basically just re-downloading it back onto the phone.

But seeing how this is an issue as soon as you sign into your Apple ID it might be an issue on apples end. I would download the Apple support app and speak to an advisor

821C91AE-88C5-47D2-A96B-AA120A6B72EA.jpeg
I will give this a try! thank you for the advice!

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dm me for an apple dev acct :)

amirza786

First Name