Apple CarPlay issues

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Just a hunch, but it could potentially be one of the internal connection pins of your Lightning port on the phone. Have you tested for the buzz using earbuds/headphones or another hard-connected speaker system?

Also, try swapping your current USB with a fresh Apple branded cable.
I had problems and once
I switched to an apple cable my problems went away, definitely worth switching and giving it a try
Sponsored

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I had problems and once
I switched to an apple cable my problems went away, definitely worth switching and giving it a try
I tried three different Apple brand lightning cords. None worked. They all work in the Ford.... I donā€™t own any third party cords. But thx for the suggestion...

WoLF2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
Just how do you go about reporting CarPlay issues to Apple? I have posted to the forums on the support site. But never got a response. You canā€™t call and talk to a service rep about CarPlay issues. Honda, not my dealer, but the factory tech rep told me they donā€™t care if CarPlay doesnā€™t work. He said itā€™s Apples problem, not theirs. He said until the radio fails with no phone connected, no warranty.
Has anyone else had better luck?
I call them an bitch

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
When try and ask Siri for directions Siri says I canā€™t find maps on your iPhone. I have to type the destination.

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
So I recently have been having problems with my lightning connector not locking/snapping into place and frequently losing connection. I looked up this issue and apparently the port is a big lint trap. So I got a straight pin and cleaned it out. It's crazy how much lint gets packed in there. The connector now locks/snaps in place. Just thought I would share that tip.

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I've found that my Civic doesn't like to activate CarPlay when there are multiple devices connected via Bluetooth. If my phone as well as my wife's phone are connected via Bluetooth, then CarPlay will not function. If you get this issue again: 1) unplug the lightning cable, 2) turn off Bluetooth, 4) Forget your car from CarPlay settings on your phone, 4) reconnect the Lightning Cable and setup CarPlay again.

Alternatively, you can set the Bluetooth priority in the Settings so that one device has Audio priority and the other has Calling priority. I never use Bluetooth streaming when I listen to music so I have mine set as Calling priority and we haven't had an issue since.

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
Just spent a week in Colorado with a ā€˜19 Altima rental. Lots of CarPlay lockupā€™s, and hiccups when losing/getting a cell signal. Much worse that my experience in the civic.
Sponsored