Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
This is kind of weird but when I bought my car, I didn't notice there was a right tweeter buzz because i didn't test apple car play much, just Bluetooth functionality. After I started using apple CarPlay I realized that my right tweeter was buzzing so I decided just to go aftermarket and replace all the speakers and add a sub and whatnot. The right tweeter still buzzes only on certain songs and it doesn't matter the volume, I've tested it. It doesn't do it for some but it does for others. If I play the same song that buzzed on CarPlay and switch over to Bluetooth, the buzzing stops. Absolutely no buzzing from Sirius. XM either so I'm thinking it's either the apple CarPlay port or the headunit itself.

Can anyone give me any insight on this? It's been driving me crazy

Again it only buzzes with carplay
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bu66a

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will definitely do this. Should I report it to Honda too?

WoLF2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
absolutely, I always report issues. They may not be able to do anything about it but at least they will be aware of it.

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
Just a hunch, but it could potentially be one of the internal connection pins of your Lightning port on the phone. Have you tested for the buzz using earbuds/headphones or another hard-connected speaker system?

Also, try swapping your current USB with a fresh Apple branded cable.

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
This is kind of weird but when I bought my car, I didn't notice there was a right tweeter buzz because i didn't test apple car play much, just Bluetooth functionality. After I started using apple CarPlay I realized that my right tweeter was buzzing so I decided just to go aftermarket and replace all the speakers and add a sub and whatnot. The right tweeter still buzzes only on certain songs and it doesn't matter the volume, I've tested it. It doesn't do it for some but it does for others. If I play the same song that buzzed on CarPlay and switch over to Bluetooth, the buzzing stops. Absolutely no buzzing from Sirius. XM either so I'm thinking it's either the apple CarPlay port or the headunit itself.

Can anyone give me any insight on this? It's been driving me crazy

Again it only buzzes with carplay
As mentioned by someone else in this thread, swap out the Lightning cable for a fresh Apple branded one, that may solve the issue.

BTW, CarPlay on the new Honda Civics, at least in my case (2016 Touring Sedan), has been a big headache. Honda and Apple need to do a better job of working together to resolve the many issues! I've been working with Honda and my local dealer on these for 14+ months - Honda is still working of fixing these. You can find multiple threads on the site for other folks experiences including my own...

OP
OP
Bu66a

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a hunch, but it could potentially be one of the internal connection pins of your Lightning port on the phone. Have you tested for the buzz using earbuds/headphones or another hard-connected speaker system?

Also, try swapping your current USB with a fresh Apple branded cable.
I can't really do that because I have a headphone jack so it's not really the same connection. I have no way of testing the lightning port but everything works fine on other speakers.

Do the new iPhone 7 lightning port converters for headphones work for the 6?

As mentioned by someone else in this thread, swap out the Lightning cable for a fresh Apple branded one, that may solve the issue.

BTW, CarPlay on the new Honda Civics, at least in my case (2016 Touring Sedan), has been a big headache. Honda and Apple need to do a better job of working together to resolve the many issues! I've been working with Honda and my local dealer on these for 14+ months - Honda is still working of fixing these. You can find multiple threads on the site for other folks experiences including my own...
I've only used aftermarket cables up to this point but I may try to buy an apple one to see if it fixes the issue, thanks!

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
I can't really do that because I have a headphone jack so it's not really the same connection. I have no way of testing the lightning port but everything works fine on other speakers.
Another idea - plug your phone into another Civic and fire up CarPlay! (maybe a friend/neighbor/dealership's car)

OP
OP
Bu66a

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another idea - plug your phone into another Civic and fire up CarPlay! (maybe a friend/neighbor/dealership's car)
Awesome idea, will try later today hopefully

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
My right tweeter buzzes also. It's especially noticeable on audiobooks and when on the phone. It seems the pitch of the voice makes a difference. I'll have to try Bluetooth. For now I just adjust the sound forward. Which is a pain when I go back to listening to music.

OP
OP
Bu66a

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My right tweeter buzzes also. It's especially noticeable on audiobooks and when on the phone. It seems the pitch of the voice makes a difference. I'll have to try Bluetooth. For now I just adjust the sound forward. Which is a pain when I go back to listening to music.

Ya if I adjust it to play louder out of the driver side, it goes away about 2-3 clicks to the left. I feel like the frequency or something is off on the passenger side tweeter causing it to distort too much. I don't know much about electronics, but that'd be my guess. As I said it only happens on certain songs and yes, it is especially bad with podcasts/phone calls so I agree with you there

I also have issues sometimes when I take or make a call, the volume cuts in and out of the passenger side. Like static but only on that side making it frustrating to use CarPlay so I've almost only used Bluetooth exclusively which sucks cuz I like using gps on the screen lol

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
when you guys have issues with carplay it would be awesome if you report it to Apple as well. They really need to do a better job in supporting carplay.
Just how do you go about reporting CarPlay issues to Apple? I have posted to the forums on the support site. But never got a response. You can’t call and talk to a service rep about CarPlay issues. Honda, not my dealer, but the factory tech rep told me they don’t care if CarPlay doesn’t work. He said it’s Apples problem, not theirs. He said until the radio fails with no phone connected, no warranty.
Has anyone else had better luck?

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Don't bother calling AppleCare to complain about CarPlay issues, they can't do much but escalate the issue, if even. The better solution i've found, is to sign up for the Beta software. BUT do NOT install the OS! When you install the beta profile, you get access to the Feedback app, which allows you to immediately send your issue, correctly classified and specifically for iOS, to the correct engineers. Sign up by going to beta.apple.com, install the profile, restart, then submit consistent and accurately detailed feedback, so we can get this problem solved! 11.3 has been a nightmare of disconnects, starting at 2 minutes after connection, then roughly every 2-5 mins after that. The only consistent solution I've found, is restart your phone, and when/if it disconnects, reconnect at the car USB port, not the lightning port.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't bother calling AppleCare to complain about CarPlay issues, they can't do much but escalate the issue, if even. The better solution i've found, is to sign up for the Beta software. BUT do NOT install the OS! When you install the beta profile, you get access to the Feedback app, which allows you to immediately send your issue, correctly classified and specifically for iOS, to the correct engineers. Sign up by going to beta.apple.com, install the profile, restart, then submit consistent and accurately detailed feedback, so we can get this problem solved! 11.3 has been a nightmare of disconnects, starting at 2 minutes after connection, then roughly every 2-5 mins after that. The only consistent solution I've found, is restart your phone, and when/if it disconnects, reconnect at the car USB port, not the lightning port.
I just got my new F150 two weeks ago with CarPlay. There hasn’t been one single issue yet with it. It has been perfect. I’m using the same iPhone 7plus, same lighting cable, and have 11.3. The problem seems to be with the Honda, not Apple. Because of Honda’s we don’t care attitude, is why I’ve got the Accord for sale....
Sponsored